Friday Five Secrets Spilled

iVillage Member
Friday Five Secrets Spilled
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 9:52am
Yes...it's time to spill those secrets and come clean. Who guessed in the Fun Friday Five correctly? Did you know your fellow Parkinson's Board Members Well or did they stump you?!?! Are you a better liar than you thought?

Thanks to those who played along. If you haven't yet posted 4 facts and 1 lie for everyone to try and guess, go ahead and post yours along with the other's in the Fun Friday Five Game thread http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-bhivhparkins&msg=884.1&ctx=0 ! I'm sure everyone would love to guess some more from someone. It's never too late to join in the fun. So here we go:

Four Facts, One Lie

Of our recent Friday Five

Spill The beans, Go ahead

Post your answers in this thread

Tell us stories, if you wish

Go ahead and start to dish!

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 10:05am
Nobody Guessed Mine Correctly!

1) My Parents hired a clown on my 16th birthday to entertain the school lunchroom.

True. This is truly one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. They meant well, but 16 is NOT the age for hiring a clown to entertain the school cafeteria. It was game day, so I was wearing my cheerleading uniform, which my parents thought was so adorable. The clown dragged me to the front of the cafeteria to hold a big bouquet of helium balloons while everyone gathered around. She did a show complete with balloon animals, flowers that squirted water, a fake camera that developed pictures of a monkey instead of me and much, much more. I think Mom & Dad were just trying to keep me as their "baby" for as long as they could.

2) I am fluent in Spanish and English.

LIE! I did take several years of Spanish in school and I have many, many relatives who are fluent in Spanish, but, alas, I am NOT one of them. I also took Latin, Italian and German in school. I can’t speak them, either.

3) I can jump on a pogo stick without using my hands.

True. I swear.

4) My ex-husband and I won a trip to Stockholm, Sweden.

True. It was Door Prize at his office Christmas Party. Stockholm is even more beautiful when it's free.

5) My ex-husband married a mail-order bride from Russia after our divorce.

True. He really did.

Lauren Sue (still Mom & Dad's "Baby")

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 10:54am
The fib is: Although I was a participent in the teen dance contest, I was not part of the winnng couple. #4 was the untruth.

ruben

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-29-2003 - 5:55pm
sorry rueben and jane. i really did drain my transmission. after i put fresh oil in the oilpan, i couldn't understand why the dipstick still had dirty oil on it. when i finally figured it out, i was so embarrassed i mwde my dad take it in to have everything corrected.

lauren sue. the log story is true, too. that logh didn't move an inch after i roped it and i got yanked off my bike so quick i didn't have time to be surprised, i got worried when i looked down and saw my arm was bent in the wromg place.

my uncle did survive wwii, but he was never anywhere near omaha beach. he served in the pacific.