The Friday Five for 7-11

iVillage Member
The Friday Five for 7-11
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 8:49am
Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Play along if you wish as we get to know each other just a little bit better. This week’s Five is “when was the last time…”

When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter?

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand?

3. ...camped in a tent?

4. ...helped a stranger?

5. ...drank a slurpee (hey, it's 7/11 today, I had to ask)?

and a bonus question: What are you doing this weekend?

Have a Safe & Super Weekend Everyone...

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 9:39am
1. ...sent a handwritten letter? Been a long time.

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand? Last week. I made a husbands delight. It was goooooood.

3. ...camped in a tent? Last time I remember when I was like 5 or 6. We lived in Maryland at the time.

4. ...helped a stranger? I did the other day when I took mom to the neuro. This man was leaving the office with a walker. Nobody got up to help, so I got up and opened the door so his wife could tend to him with out worrying about the door.

5. ...drank a slurpee (hey, it's 7/11 today, I had to ask)? Slurpee...years. Icee...couple of months ago.

Barbara

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 10:37am
When was the last time you...

1. ...sent a handwritten letter?--The end of June...a thank you letter to my friend who came down from NYC to visit (but that letter and the gift I sent to her got lost in the mail, UGH..now I know why I only email these days)

2. ...baked something from scratch or made something by hand?--I bake from scratch a lot and I'm hoping to try that Peach Cobbler recipe Ruben posted and the Seafoam Salad that Jane posted soon. Last thing I made by hand was a framed picture of a poem for my husband for father's day, complete with Joey's footprints.

3. ...camped in a tent?...with Girl Scouts, 6th grade, so easily a million years ago.

4. ...helped a stranger?...last time would've been when I gave directions to someone lost. But I will add that the other day I blew a tire on the way to the pool with the 4 kids. Hot day and I'm in my bathingsuit stranded on the side of the road. I had 4 people pull over to offer help in the 15 minutes I waited for my husband to come to my rescue. There are still many good samaritans out there!

5. ...drank a slurpee (hey, it's 7/11 today, I had to ask)?...the kids are clamoring to go today. You'd think 7/11 was a national holiday or something, LOL. I remember when I was little my friend and I would walk every Saturday to 7/11 and get a slurpee.

and a bonus question: What are you doing this weekend? Nothing, I hope. Been a long week and hoping to just rest.

Have a great one everybody!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-11-2003 - 6:10pm
1. I cant remember how long its been since I wrote a letter. Ages.....

2. Baked bisquits about week ago.

3. Camped in tent on beach, two years ago.

4. Gave a panhandler little money bout week ago

5. When Hector was a pup, long time ago.

Goin in to Los Angeles to visit mother in law.

ruben