The Friday 5 for Sept 12th

iVillage Member
The Friday 5 for Sept 12th
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:02am
Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Please, play along. Just five simple questions to answer, giving us a fun way to get to know eachother just a little better each week. This week's FRIDAY 5 is about MOVIES!

1) What is the last movie you saw in a theatre? Would you recommend it?

2) What is the last movie you rented (or bought for your own collection)? Would you recommend it?

3) Is there any new movie out in theatres you're hoping to go see soon?

4) What is one of your favorite movies?

5) What are you plans this weekend?

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 9:15am
1) What is the last movie you saw in a theatre? Would you recommend it?

SEABISCUIT. It was very good!

2) What is the last movie you rented (or bought for your own collection)? Would you recommend it?

Just bought CHICAGO! My daughters and I LOVED this movie and had to buy it.

3) Is there any new movie out in theatres you're hoping to go see soon?

I don't get to the theatre often, but if I get a chance I'd like to see either LOST IN TRANSLATION or AMERICAN SPLENDOUR. Both had awesome reviews.

4) What is one of your favorite movies?

I like so many, not sure I can narrow it to just one.

5) What are you plans this weekend?

hoping to make it to my quarterly PD support group (I missed the last two), son has a football game, daughter has volleyball practice, cat needs a well check at the vet and I'll be the taxi service for all.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-12-2003 - 12:46pm
1) Chicago. (we don't get out to movies that often) Wonderful movie! it was nice to be reminded that musicals don't have to be inane contrivances.

2) Serving Sara. this was the result of a grab bag stop at blockbuster. we just took a chance on what was suppesed to be a sophisticated comedy. it wasn't. don't waste your time.

3) American Splendor sounds great, as does seabiscuit.

4) one of my alltime favorites is the shawshank redemption. it's a gem.

5) rented more movies. i'll let you know.

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 7:15am
Nick, I agree with you: Shawshenk Redemption was a great movie all the way around! And you know I already agree with you on Chicago. You'll have to give us reviews about the movies you rented this weekend!

LS

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 5:41pm

1.Queen of the Damned was the last theatre movie I went to.I would recommend it if you like vampires and horror.

2.Lord of the Rings, the Twin Towers, HIghly recommend it. Can't wait for the last one in the triolgy.

3.Nothing comes to mind right now.

4.Moonstruck, I know it's Cher.

5.Was planning to keep the kids overnight but my plans changed only keep them two hours.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mookies Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-13-2003 - 9:17pm
mary,

moonstruck is way up on my list, too. the oatmeal breakfast is one of the great scenes of all time.

nick