The Friday 5 for Sept 19

iVillage Member
The Friday 5 for Sept 19
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 9:34am
I really thought I wouldn't have power and I'd be unable to post a Friday 5 today, lol. I am sooo happy the storm is behind us and the power is restored. So, here it is: THE FRIDAY 5. In honor of Marty's new addition, this week's FRIDAY 5 is all about PETS:

1) Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have and what are their names?

2) What was the most memorable Pet you ever owned?

3) What is a pet you've always wanted but have never had a chance to own?

4) What is the silliest "pet name" you have for a loved-one (or even one that a loved-one has for you)?

5) What are your plans this weekend?

Have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND EVERYONE!

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 10:17am

one newfie/lab mix called "BEAR", two cats "Simon & Kelly" (named after the American Idol Icons), one little yellow parakeet named "BIG BIRD"

"ANNIE", my Shetland Sheepdog I had for 17 years. Wehn I was growing up we bred and showed Shetland Sheepdogs. Annie was our runt we purchased who was too skiddish to show and turned out to be unbreedable. Didn't matter to me, she was my all time FAVORITE. I miss her so.

Also my African Grey Parrot "OLIVER" I had for 2 years until he died in surgery following an accident. He could say over a 100 words and was so bright. Each morning he'd wake me by saying "Lauren, I love you, wanna kiss?" and then he'd run down the hall saying the kids names and telling them each to wake "Miranda, Bri, Drew time to get up!" I miss him so much.

My parrot "Oliver" was my dream pet. If I ever get over his loss, I may get another. I've also always wanted a Koala Bear. Maybe my parents brougth me one from their trip to Aussie, LMBO.

4) What is the silliest "pet name" you have for a loved-one (or even one that a loved-one has for you)?

We've called my oldest daughter "Breezy" (real name Brianne Elise) since she was born. Perfect Pet name if she were an airhead, lol, but she's a straight A student and much smarter than Mom. We call my other daugher "ROOSTER", a nick name my sister gave her at birth, but we don't remember why now, lol. She's still called ROOSTER. silly name for a pretty little girl.

Watch my husband and friends take the chainsaw to the tree we lost, lol. Hoping to work on my web sites if I have time. Daughter has volleyball, as usual, and son has football, but he won't be able to play (neck stuck again...still wondering if it's early dystonia...gave him benedryl and Ibruprophen and hoping they help).

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 12:21pm
1) Sambo- Bloodhound Freddie- Cocker Spanial Cookie- Calico Cat Tigger- Cat

2) Ciji we adopted her from pound she lived 14 yrs. Best dog we ever had.

3) Racoon

4) Hubby calls me Scooby

5) Cleaning

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 3:22pm
Missed last week, but here I go again...

1 No Pets , just our daughters Black Lab who sleeps over whenever they go away.

2 The very best pet I ever had was Skippy ( Mixed Breed ). I was only 6 when he came to live with us and He was the best. I have so many wonderful memories of him.

3 I would love to have a Lab ( Black of Blond ) Maybe one of these days we will just go out and buy one.

4 My nick name was Janie and special people still call me this.

5 I will be busy this week-end getting ready for my brother and his wife to come next week-end. I will be busy filling the freezer with all his favorite goodies that mom made for us when we were little.

Have a super safe week-end...Love Jane

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-19-2003 - 6:18pm

As everyone now knows, we have a 10 week old boxer pup named Maverick.

My family has always had boxers since our first when I was about 5 or 6 years old. All have been memorable in one way or another. Our first, a male named Sandy, would not allow my dad to scold my brother or me. He would get between us and growl at my dad. He really protected my brother and I and because of this my parents never worried about their boys when we had the dog with us.

I guess I've always been happy with the pets I've had.

Hummmmm......

We will be trying to put some finishing touches on a few things around here. Get together with friends and family tomorrow evening. Prepare to start the job search Monday..!

Hope everyone has a super weekend!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2003 - 7:19am
1. Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have and what are their names?

Pet rock named Rocky

2. What was the most memorable Pet you ever owned? A Cocker Spaniel named Sparky

3. What is a pet you've always wanted but have never had a chance to own?

A playboy bunny

4, 4) What is the silliest "pet name" you have for a loved-one (or even one that a loved- one has for you)? My mom has called me Baby since I was one. She stil does.

5. 5) What are your plans this weekend? Prepare for daughters birthday. She s mother of two. Will be baking a Carrot cake and baby sittin

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-20-2003 - 10:45pm
1) we have no pets now.

2) we had a kitten that we convinced our mom to let us keep. we named it little tiger but the name only stuck a few days, or until we developed cat language. from that point on, the cat was simply "Ish Persh" (this cat). she lived about 15 years. she and my dad never really got used to each other.

3) i don't believe in wild animals as pets, but i've always thought it would be fun to have an otter naned jack.

4) for no particular reason, we call my baby brother(he's 44) chris "Cree"

5) meetings all day saturday

nick

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 6:00am
1. I have one cat, Julie, a poodle mix, Lance(short for Lancelot} and a talking quaker parrot named Romeo.

2. I think my most memorable pet was a yorkshire terrier I received for my birthday frommy husband. Angelina Dawn, she lived to be 14 yrs old, then her cataracts onher eye burst and I had to put her to sleep. I took my buddy with me through several states. She loved to ride in the car.

3. If I could have had the chance and the yard, a retired Greyhound would have been nice to own. I don't like dog racing .

4.As akid they teased me and called me Med Center. I was always falling down. LOL

5.THis past weekend I went to my grandson's first pee wee football game, we BBQ'ed and watched movies together. Itwas a fun family weekend.

Glad to hear everyone in our extended familty is safe and sound from Isabel.

Hugs

Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 8:30am
1) Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have and what are their names? Yes, I have some pets, so does my mom.

Me: two cats named Baby Kitty and Runt.

Mom: two dogs named Catfish and Angel. Three cats, don't know the names.

Parrot: Still own him, he is at my Mom's. It is a Green Cheeked Amazon named PePe after the skunk in Bugs Bunny. My sister had him then gave him to us.

I got it, a parrot.

For my husband, I can't post it cause I use it when I am mad at him. LOL

My "pet name" has always been Barbie Doll. My Aunt gave it to me when I was a little girl, she still uses it. My husband calls me Barbie.

We took the kids to "crazy day" at our local town.

Barbara

Edited 9/22/2003 8:32:18 AM ET by goobarb

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-22-2003 - 8:54am
Barbara,

It's good to "see" you here! I hope all is well with you and your family and I hope you enjoyed "crazy day" in day, lol.

Lauren Sue