THE FRIDAY 5 for OCT 10

iVillage Member
THE FRIDAY 5 for OCT 10
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 7:55am

Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Please, play along. Just five simple questions to answer, giving us a fun way to get to know eachother just a little better each week. If you miss your chance to post to this on Friday, don't worry...you can answer this ANYTIME you want, I just happen to post them on Fridays, LOL.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 9:04am
1) What is a typical outfit you pull from your wardrobe to wear each day?

Jeans and sweatshirt at this time of the year.

2) What is your favorite shoes to wear (and was it hard finding "parkinson's friendly shoes" if you have PD)?

‘Tennis shoes are my favorites’ – Initially I had a bit of a problem finding comfortable shoes for work and learned right away to never buy shoes with leather soles. (Too slippery.) Because I need the support of laced shoes, but hate trying to get into a position to tie them, I've learned how to tie nearly all my shoes in a manner that I can easily slip them on and off.

3) What is your shoe size?

8-1/2

4) What did you once wear that is very old & worn and should be thrown away, but you just can't part with it for sentimental reasons?

Oh my, don’t ask my wife this one. I tend to hold on to jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts and have way too many that should be tossed, especially jeans. But I love the comfort of old clothes.

5) What are you doing this weekend?

Hanging out, raking leaves and playing with the pup.

Marty

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 9:18am

Almost everyday I wear an ankle length straight skirt (usually in black, but also own brown and grey) and I solid colored fitted cotton shirt with it. I hardly ever wear jeans.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 9:48am

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 10:30am
Happy Friday Everyone!

Monday, Wednesday & Fridays, it's usually sweatpants and a t-shirt since I work out at the Y on those mornings. The rest of the time, just jeans and a comfy shirt.

2) What is your favorite shoes to wear (and was it hard finding "parkinson's friendly shoes" if you have PD)?

Sneakers! I have reserve dress shoes for going out with a medium heel but I still envy the ol' days of walking in high heels!

3) What is your shoe size? 8

4) What did you once wear that is very old & worn and should be thrown away, but you just can't part with it for sentimental reasons?

My size 4 jeans that I keep in my "hope chest" and my GMU sweatshirt.

5) What are you doing this weekend?

My son has been off school these last two days so my weekend started early! We're going to see "School of Rock" tommorow and Sunday as always is reserved for Eagles football.

Dani

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 2:41pm
Ok Here I go again...

1...Typical Outfit....Khaki pants or shorts and a White Tee Shirt

2...Favorite Shoes...Khaki Sneekers

3...Size...8 Narrow

4...Old and Worn...My Blue Wooly Robe. Cuddly Warm on cold winter nights

5...This Weekend will find me cleaning up the leaves that are quickly falling here in the Laurel Mountains, and getting the Snow Blower out to see if it is running ok, and looking at the Hunters Moon which is beautiful.

Have a good one...Love Jane

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 4:19pm

Question 1... Casual always, T-shirt and pants or in winter sweater& pants.

2. I like to wear a brand called Cobbie Cuddlers. They are PD friendly. I am flat footed which just adds to the hard to find comfort category.

3. size 81/2 wide (Bigfoot here)

4.My tie died jean jacket with the fringe. (Old Hippie at heart)

5. We are going to my grandson's football game on Sat. then nothing else planned.

Mookies to all, have a wonderful weekend.

Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 8:11pm

Hey Nicksmom93,

GMU sweatshirt?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-10-2003 - 9:48pm
Black or tan khaki's(I also love Lands End Jane, they last forever!) with white, black or red tees or sweaters. Comfy enough for home yet okay for school meetings,Dr. appt. etc. Have to always be ready to go with 8.

Black slip on loafers size 9 1/2 narrow (talk about big for a short person! 5'5")

Lands End Red polarfleece v-neck pullover. My 6 year olds favorite to cuddle on since a baby.

Stay home and enjoy the family. Watch the OU/Texas game

Have a blessed happy weekend, Sharon
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-11-2003 - 9:30am

OMG!

Dani

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-11-2003 - 10:03am
lauren sue,

sorry it took me so long to get to this, but i couldn't think of a thing to wear.

1) t-shirt and shorts

2) an old leather walking shoe. it's a tie shoe but i can slip in and out withoout having to untie them

3) 9 1/2

4) i had a pair of old brown canvas deck shoes that i wore way past decency. my girl friend finally tossed them into a randomly selected dumpster while i was at work.

5) think i'll just sit back and watch baseball.

Pages