The FRIDAY 5 For OCT 17

iVillage Member
The FRIDAY 5 For OCT 17
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:36am

Once again, it's time for the FRIDAY FIVE. Feel Free to play along.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 7:55am

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 8:21am
1) What is your first and middle name?

Barbara Lorene

2) Is there a story behind how your name was chosen? If so, could you share it with us?

My mom named me Barbara after one of her child hood friends. Lorene come from my Grandma on my dad's side. I am the only grand girl on my dad's side so they named my middle name after my Grandma. Sweet, sweet lady.

3) What are the names of your children and/or pets and is there any special reason you chose those names?

Jessica Renae, girl, 6

Ashley Marie, girl, 4

Joshua James, boy, 3

Jasmine Kelly, girl, 3

4) What is the silliest name you’ve ever had for a pet in your lifetime?

Kricket

5) What are your plans for this weekend?

Saturday: Taking the older two to a pumpkin picking with our church group. Dropping the twins off at my in-laws because we don't need 4 pumpkins:) Then taking the girls to eat pizza with the group.

Sunday: (Hoping that my information box comes in by Saturday.) Talking to my sunday school class about talking to the church to do a recipe book fundraiser. We have not done one in YEARS, it is about time for another.

Barbara

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 10:14am

Martin Lee

2) Is there a story behind how your name was chosen? If so, could you share it with us?

If so, my mom never shared it with me.....

3) What are the names of your children and/or pets and is there any special reason you chose those names?

Maverick (Only because that's what my brother named him. My brother and his wife name all the pups. It's up to the homes that they end up in to decide if they wish to use that name or rename them. We felt that being as that's what he thought his name was then that's what it would be.)

Julie and I named our first boxer "Casey" however when we decided to register him we discovered all his ancestors had great long names. "Casey" just didn't fit. So we named him "King Cavalier" and called him "KC" (He didn't seem to mind the change...)

Hang out, play with the pup, work around the house.

Marty

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 10:27am

Barbara,

I keep forgetting how young your four children are!

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 10:30am

Marty,

I still think Maverick is the coolest name and he really is the cutest puppy.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 9:23pm
Lauren Sue, Thank you for your kind comments concerning Maverick. He's doing really well and seems to understand what you tell him. He's already impressed the neighbors with his good behavior. Of course, he likes to challenge you right when you least expect it. Keeps me on my toes… (as if I need that…)

The house is coming along well. We do have a kitchen although the tile for the floor is still a few weeks out, on back order. We're still using the old carpet as well. Hope to get new stuff soon but I would like to be working before we order that. There isn't a lot left to do however enough to keep me out of trouble most of the winter, I'm sure. Thanks for asking. It’s nice to take stock of just how much we have completed and it isn't until someone asks that we stop to think about it.

Thanks again! Marty

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 10:18pm

1)

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-17-2003 - 10:30pm
Thank you Lauren.

Faith has defnitley brought us through this past year.

Barbara

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-18-2003 - 4:47pm

Dani

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-18-2003 - 4:59pm

Ruth Alice

The name of the doctor who deliverd me was Alice and also my godmother was Alice. They both thought I was named after them, but my mother just liked the name!

Jonathon Eric and Matthew Alan. I won't even begin to tell their ages! It makes me feel so old.

Had a bird named Dickie once. Named after my grandmother's bird, so Dickie #2. Not so silly, but that was one of my few pets.

Watch the World Series, even though the Cubbies are not in it.

Pages