THE FRIDAY 5 for Nov 28

iVillage Member
THE FRIDAY 5 for Nov 28
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 9:32am

Yep, it's Friday!

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 9:52am

1) Today is the day after Thankgiving and the biggest shopping day of the year, will you be braving the stores?

NO! but my husband forgot to pick up wedding gift for the wedding we are going to for a business associate of his today, so he'll run in to buy something while Joey and I wait in the car, LOL.

2) Have you started any Holiday Shopping or Decorating, yet?

Not really. I've only bought 2 gifts so far.

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-28-2003 - 12:07pm
1) About 7 years ago, emily and i decided to drop out of the holidays. i was getting sick of the hype and the pressure. we had no kids anf no family here, so we just turned it all off. well, i never enjoyed the holidays more in my life. we watched people scurrying around mindlessly, looking for parking spots, rattling the door of department stores five minutes after they closed, even if the store was open to midnight. we still sent a gift to my broyher chriss's six year old, taylor. we still attend selected christmas paries, but it's all with the knowledge that we don't have to.

2) see above

3) a little turkey and gravy, great for sandwiches.

4) we stay home and watched movies and ate. The original( and the best) Miracle on 34th Street with edmund glenn and natalie wood. and Finding Nemo, which i think is one of the best things disney has ever done.

5) cleaning house

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-29-2003 - 8:20pm
Well since I am home after a busy time at daughters house, here is my thoughts on Thanksgiving......

1...Braving the Stores..Not really. Dick took us to breakfast at a wonderful place and we sat over coffee talking about all the Thanksgivings gone bye and the fun times we had. We stopped at a store to pick up a few things and then back to the house . Curled up in front of the Fireplace, watched TV, and dosed off for some much needed sleep.

2...Holiday Shopping is done. I shop all year (when I see it I buy it )

As for the decorating. IT IS DONE except for the ourside. I love to decorate and since we were going away for Thanksgiving, I started early. My tree is in the front hall , and I put all the ornaments from years gone bye on it. We always bought 3 ornaments whenever or wherever we traveled. ( One for each of the girls and one for our tree )When each girl was married, I packed there ornaments in a box with a special letter and took it to there house before their first Christmas . Now they have wonderful memories too.

3...Thanksgiving Leftovers....Apple and Pumpkin Pie YUMMY

4...Our Thanksgiving was nice. But next year it will be back at Dick and Janes.

5...Final Week-end plans.....SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP and maybe put up the wreaths on the door and windows.

Off to bed with a Happy Heart....Jane