Friday 5 For Dec 5

iVillage Member
Friday 5 For Dec 5
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 6:58am

It’s time for the FRIDAY FIVE! If you miss your chance to post to this on Friday, don't worry...you can answer this ANYTIME you want, I just happen to post them on Fridays:

1)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 7:28am

1)

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 8:46am
1) What is your favorite daytime television show (game show, talk show, news show, whatever)?

I nearly never watch “daytime” television and if I do, it's ususally just "surfing".

2) What is your favorite holiday song?

“O’ Holy Night”

3) What was the last book you read and would you recommend it?

It’s been too long to remember….

4) What is the last movie you rented and would you recommend it?

“Sign” with Mel Gibson…. We were looking for something suspenseful and this was my selection and I really didn't know what to expect.

5) What are your plans for this weekend?

The store opened officially yesterday and so I’ll be working both Saturday and Sunday. (For some reason, I’m scheduled to do that for the next three weekends. Not my favorite thing to be doing on a Saturday, much less a Sunday but I’ll survive this too.)

Wishing everyone a great weekend. If anyone just happens to be in Willmar, MN stop by the new HD and say hello… I’ll be somewhere near the “flooring” department…. Woo Hoo…..?

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 1:06pm
Well here is another Friday Five....

1...My favorite daytime television is HGTV .

2...Favorite Christmas song is " Silent Night".

3...Last night as in many nights before Christmas, I pick up my copy of

" A Cup of Christmas Tea" by Tom Hegg and read it like I have for the last 15 years.

It stirs up memories of Christmases Past and warms my heart. I also have the sequel

which is " A Memory of Christmas Tea" I have purchased these 2 books for my daughters

and friends. They are beautifully illistrated Books and the last I bought were under $20 each. I highly reccomend them to all of you.

4...Can't remember the last movie we rented.

5...My plans for the week-end are to Bake Cookies, Catch up on some much needed sleep,

and Snow Blow all the snow that is coming our way.

Have a good one. Love Jane

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-05-2003 - 8:17pm
1} right with ya, lauren sue. gotta be ellen. it's the perfect vehicle for her.

2) i was at a national speakers association convention where oneof the keynoters was adeaf and blind lady named mary thompson. she told a story about how her mom sang silent night to her. she learned to recognize the vibrations and it was one of the key s to her learning how to talk. she ended her speech by singing silent night. the audience was silent for almost 5 secs afterwards and then the house came down. it was one of the most amazing things i've ever seen.

3) i find it very hard to read books any more. it's one of the great loses in my life

4) finding nemo. pixar's films are amazing. even though they're funded by disney, they're independent. they have the true sense of whymsey that disney hasn't had in decades. they's real stories, not just vehicles for over produced hit songs like disney cartoons. delightful!

5) just hangin out

nick