Festive Five For The Holidays

iVillage Member
Festive Five For The Holidays
Fri, 12-24-2004 - 10:41am

Merry Christmas Everyone!

SANTA has put the cure for Parkinson's in each of our stockings! Woo Hoo!! Happy Holidays!!

1) What is the first thing you're going to do now that Santa brought you the cure?

2) What do you think will be the most dramatic difference in your life now that Santa has brought you the cure?

3) What else did you ask Santa to bring you this year,

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-25-2004 - 12:57am

1)What is the first thing you're going to do now that Santa brought you the cure?

Believe in Santa again? Okay, just kidding… I really don’t know what I’d do but I’d want it to be something that I haven’t been able to do for a long time like walk normally, think clearly and maybe sign my name a few times.

2)What do you think will be the most dramatic difference in your life now that Santa has brought you the cure?

Really enjoying life again.

3)What else did you ask Santa to bring you this year, besides a cure?

A "home theater system" and a new recliner! (Okay - one or the other...)

4)What is something special you're really giving to someone else this holiday?

We usually get something together rather than exchange gifts.

5)What are you doing this weekend?

Christmas eve was spent with Julie’s parents, her brother and his family at her parents’ home.

Back to Julie’s parents’ again on Christmas day, this time another brother and two of her sisters along with their families will be there.

Julie’s mom always prepares a big dinner and afterwards we do a gift lottery where each person brings a wrapped gift of his or her choice. The gifts can be anything from gag gifts, knick-knacks, tools or whatever. On occasion someone may even bring something really nice.

Everyone sits in a circle and the gifts are placed in the center. Numbers are drawn and each person, in turn has the option to select an unopened gift or take a gift that’s been previously opened. The person who has their gift taken has the opportunity to open another gift.

Once everyone has had their turn and all the gifts are opened we do a dice roll, twice around the circle – if you roll doubles, you have the opportunity to swap your gift for something you would rather have.

We started this a few years ago with just the adults however as the nephews and nieces have gotten older they have chosen to join. We always have a lot of fun doing this.

WISHING EVERYONE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!

Marty

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-25-2004 - 2:31pm

1) What is the first thing you're going to do now that Santa brought you the cure?

Probably plan on searching for a job.

2) What do you think will be the most dramatic difference in your life now that Santa has brought you the cure? Will be able to enjoy more. Life will be more satisfing.

3) What else did you ask Santa to bring you this year, besides a cure?
Fishing gear, clothing.

4) What is something special you're really giving to someone else this holiday?
Nothing really special. Regular items like clothing home gadjits.

5) What are you doing this weekend?
Coming home from visiting daughters family in Monterey Caliifornia. (Sunday)

Have A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
ruben

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-27-2004 - 1:10pm

Rename our message board the "Parkinson's SURVIVORS"

2) What do you think will be the most dramatic difference in your life now that Santa has brought you the cure?

NO MORE MEDS! Woo Hoo!!

3) What else did you ask Santa to bring you this year,