First Friday 5 For 2005

iVillage Member
First Friday 5 For 2005
Fri, 01-07-2005 - 8:30am

It's january 7th, the first friday in 2005:

Come one, Come All...Feel free to post to this whenever you get a chance, even if it's past Friday :

1) Look out the nearest window and tell us what you see...

2) Look at the nearest framed picture and tell us what you see...

3) Look in the closest drawer to where you are now sitting and tell us what you see...

4) Look in the closest mirror and tell us what you see...

5) And, as always, What are your plans for this weekend?

Have A Wonderful Weekend Everybody!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2005 - 8:59am

Great questions Lauren sue, no memory required.

Darkness and some lighting, not sunrise yet.

A lighthouse being engulfed by a huge ocean tide.

3) Look in the closest drawer to where you are now sitting and tell us what you see...
paper clips,calculator, blank cd's, computor program cd,,s, pens and a gluestick

an old guy who needs more sleep, needs a shave and whos hair (graying) needs combing.

It s going to rain, no plans.

Have A Wonderful Weekend Everybody!

ruben

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2005 - 9:34am

a sunny day and a rooster chasing a helpless hen across the yard

A portrait of my entire family on my parent's 50th wedding anniversary this past June

Fisher Price Rescue Heroes

yesterday's makeup on my face and uncombed hair that really needs washing. Shower time

daughter's Vball Tournament ALL day tomorrow. Sing in Church on Sunday. Relax & unwind, avoid housework. I need to remember to write my Christmas thank you notes, too.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-07-2005 - 1:08pm

The parking garage next to my building where I work!

My amazing husband and son. A great picture of them at a pond in Rhode Island. It was taken when my son was only 3 (he's 8 now) but I love the picture.

post it notes, paper clips, office supplies.

A beautiful woman who actually had time to put make up on this morning!

To take down all the Christmas decorations and hope to get some much needed rest!

Janice diagnosed 11/04 at age 35 current meds for PD: AZILECT 1MG, NEUPRO 6 MG/24 HR PATCH (love it!!), BUPROPION HCL ER 200 MG TAB in AM and 100 MG TAB at noon. CLONAZEPAM 0.5MG, PENTOXIFYLLINE 400MG (for edema) current meds for non PD: ZETIA 10MG,
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 9:14am

Still raining in the Laurel Mountains of Pennsylvania...Enough is enough...Jane

1...As I look out my window beside my Computer Desk, I see the Woods behind our house.
The trees are bare of leaves and I have a good view of our Creek that is rushing over all the rocks that are in its way. It is still raining hard.

2...Nearest framed pictures are of Dick when he was in the Navy. WOW was he Skinny.

3...The Drawer in my Computer Desk is full of supplies that I need on a daily basis. and it needs cleaned out. Some day I must get to this task.

4...I would have to go to the Laundry Room on this level of our house to look in a mirror.. I think I will just pass on this question.

5...It is Sat. and I am planning to clean out the desk and get a file ready for the up-coming tax forms that are starting to come in. AND a big pot of Veggie Soup is cooking on the stove. If I have time I will make an Apple Pie to complete our meal.
Sunday..We hope to make early Church and breakfast with our Friends. Not much else to do on this RAINY weekend in Jan.

Take care and God Bless.....Jane

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 9:23am

As Ruben said, great questions Lauren Sue - well maybe except for that fourth one...

Neighbors’ houses - a somewhat snow covered ninth tee box at the golf course down the street and lots of "COLD" - it's right at zero this morning!

One of those 3D pictures that you have to stare at and wait for your eyes to pick up the image in called "Desert Serenade." (A picture my wife doesn't care for but it's my office wall and it's been there a long time...)

File folders etc.

He's familiar but not the same face that I see when I close my eyes....
(And like Ruben noted, he needs a shave and more sleep but it's light out so no more sleep this morning...)

Working around the house on some of the many unfinished projects I have.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and "Happy New Year!" - (I think this may be my first post of the year.)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2005 - 1:33pm

1. I see lots of puddles and ice from the rain. The trees are bare and it looks like a typical winter day. Cars are in the driveways stuck to the ground. LOL

2. I see my beautiful daughter in her senior picture.

3 Oh my looky here, there's the sewing box, some candles, my gardening and quilting books. ( I wondered where they were)and assorted other junk. LOL

4.My face for one,reflection of the kitchen and a blue cabinet.The flag I brought in because of the snow. KNick knacks hanging on the wall. Some old lady I don't recognize.

5.It snowed It's pretty but, cold out there. Might clean off the car that quit me? But why?Kids are inside so no snowball fight.

Have a great wekend all. Hugs

Mary

Grams

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 8:36am

In your Friday Five for last week you mentioned you have this framed on your wall:

One of those 3D pictures that you have to stare at and wait for your eyes to pick up the image in called "Desert Serenade."

I have NEVER been able to see the "other" pictures in those things! It's so frustrating. I remember when those things first came out and everyone would be like "isn't this cool, stare at the picture and suddenly you'll see Dolphins" and I would NEVER see the stupid dolphins.

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 2:14pm
Don't feel too bad... It took me a while too! I think that's why it's still hanging. Even now I have to stare a little before I see it. It's like looking for something that you know is there but you just can't find it. It's always a surprise when you see it!