Second Friday 5 For 2005 (1/14)

iVillage Member
Second Friday 5 For 2005 (1/14)
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 8:47am

It's january 14th, 2005:

Come one, Come All...Feel free to post to this whenever you get a chance, even if it's past Friday :

1) Look in the closest closet and tell us the first thing you see...

2) Look for the closest book and tell us the title...

3) Look for the

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 10:23am

You know, when they built this house in 1760, they must have had NO need for closets. We have very little closet space in this home and there's not even one on the entire first floor (coats are hung on hooks). I guess the closest closet would be the one up in my bedroom and the first thing I see is my rack of shoes hanging on the door. I love shoes. I just bought the cutest pair of pink shoes on sale. I don't think I've ever owned pink shoes in my life, lol.

"The World According To Mister Rogers" by Fred Rogers. I keep it on my desk.

3) Look for the

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-14-2005 - 10:10pm
Hey kids, I didn't want you all to miss a chance to do the Friday Five...it got bumped down and I thought I'd bump it back up to the top of The Friday Folder...have a great weekend...I'm off to Phillie~Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-16-2005 - 10:01am

Where is everyone???? " Wink and a Smile"
1...As I look in the closest Closet...I SEE THAT IT NEEDS CLEANED...LOL

2...Closest Book is "Love Adds A Little Chocolate" by Medard Laz

3...Closest Magazine is the Jan. Issue of "Pittsburgh"

4...The TV that I can see has Fox News on.

5...Well since it is almost over....Yesterday was the big Steeler and Jet Game. We went to a Steeler Party at a good friends house ( who has a BIG TV)) It was a very stressful game that went into overtime....BUT the good news is THE STEELERS WON..YEH Onward we go to hopefully a Super Bowl Win...GO STEELERS
Today is Sunday and the roads are covered with ICE out here in the Laurel Highlands. Snow is coming down and Dick and Jane will stay put.
Jane who is waiting for others to post on the popular FRIDAY FIVE

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-17-2005 - 3:04pm

sorry had my hands full this weekend. and you said even if it is past friday....LOL

since this is monday and I am at work there isn't a closet here.... but in response to Lauren Sue's comment on Closets.. I grew up in a house built in 1929 and closets were added later. you are right back in the 1700, 1800 and early 1900 unless you had money you didn't have much in clothes so no need for closets. If you had money you did have clothes to store and trunks or wardrobes were used :)

I love old houses too... and antiques and civil war... and history...

Right now the closest book is Websters's dictionary... since I am new to my job I haven't had time to bring in my books. I LOVE and collect books. from the time I was in high school I dreamed of having my own library some day... and I am working on it... but I admit I love my old books best :)

sorry no magazines at work

LOL No TV either.
My plans were rearanged to take care of Mom! me thinks ...time well spent... :)

Catherine.....
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-17-2005 - 9:14pm

Sorry about posting so late. I still have a couple minutes before dinner is ready so I'm trying to catch up on all the new posts. Wow there are a lot of new names. A huge "Welcome" to all. As usual everyone fits right in. (This really is a great board.) It's good to see Susie's name again too.

Coats, lot's of coats. My office closet is the closet closest to the door.

"Tiling 1 2 3" from Home Depot. (I need to find a new book.)

3) Look for the closest magazine and tell us the title...

Motor Trend

4) Look on the closest television set and tell us what you see (if it's not on, what was the last thing you watched)...

Extreme Makeover - Home Edition. How'd They Do That?

5) And, as always, What are your plans for this weekend?

We didn't do too much this weekend. Just stayed inside and tried to keep warm. It went below zero last Thursday and now, Monday evening, we are finally above zero for the first time since then! It's a tropical 3 degrees now and supposed to warm through the night. They are forecasting temps 20 to 30 for the rest of the week. Of course when it warms this time of the year we can usually expect snow.

Hope everyone has a great week. Marty

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2005 - 12:15pm

Hey MARTY,

speaking of Extreme Makeover Home Edition, my friend Kerry (who's 15 year old nephew was a patient at Duke University being treated for Cancer until he passed away this past fall) said a fellow Cancer patient of her nephew's was recently surprised with an Extreme Makeover Home Edition. She's

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-18-2005 - 12:32pm

Catherine (Momkelly2)

In your Friday 5 you said you love old houses. Have you ever seen the website I put together about the house I currently live in:

http://www.picturetrail.com/highlands

once your there, you can click on each album for a tour of the house and lots of stories and history on the home. Enjoy!!

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2005 - 4:03am

Lauren Sue,

Thanks for the heads up with next weeks “Extreme Makeover, Home Edition” show. I can't imagine what these people have had to deal with. It's going to make watching the next show a little more interesting.

By the way, watching that show helps me keep a few things in perspective. There are so many things people have to deal with that are much worse than Parkinson’s. Not that I’m enjoying life with PD but I surely wouldn’t trade. (Even for a new house!)

Marty

I was thinking about how they always try to incorporate the newest technology to assure the houses they build will meet the needs of the recipients. Some time we will have to do a “question of the week” concerning the things each of us would like to have in our homes to make life easier when living with PD. (Just a thought…)

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2005 - 5:30am

Marty, love that show "Extreme Makeover" (Home edition). Your right about perspective. The recipients of the show are so very much in need and deserving of help. I lose it every time I watch the show, cry like a baby.

ruben

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-19-2005 - 2:16pm

Ruben,

Sure am happy to see I'm not the only one! There are moments when I get so choked up I can't talk!

Marty

Pages