3rd Friday 5 For 2005 (1/21)

iVillage Member
3rd Friday 5 For 2005 (1/21)
Fri, 01-21-2005 - 9:23am

It's january 21, 2005:

Come one, Come All...Feel free to post to this whenever you get a chance, even if it's past Friday :

1) Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so, what do they say...

2) What are you wearing on your feet right now?

3) Do you have any plants in your home?

4) If you could change lives for a day with a celebrity, who would you choose?

5) And, as always, What are your plans for this weekend?

Have A Wonderful Weekend Everybody!

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-21-2005 - 10:51am

No bummber stickers.

Lands End all weather mocks

A Christmas Catus and a plant that someone gave me when I had my surgery. I am slowly killing them both!

I honestly can't think of anyone. I am very happy in my own life right now and wouldn't want to change places with anyone.

Cleaning the house...it's never ending! Dig out for the big "storm" we're suppose to get Saturday night and watching the Patirots beat the Steelers on Sunday night. :)

Janice diagnosed 11/04 at age 35 current meds for PD: AZILECT 1MG, NEUPRO 6 MG/24 HR PATCH (love it!!), BUPROPION HCL ER 200 MG TAB in AM and 100 MG TAB at noon. CLONAZEPAM 0.5MG, PENTOXIFYLLINE 400MG (for edema) current meds for non PD: ZETIA 10MG,
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-21-2005 - 1:23pm

Nope, no bumper stickers. Just a window sticker to show membership at the marina and an Annapolis, MD sticker

old black leather boots

One sad little plant. A giant Aloe Vera that my Mom once owned that she named "Audrey". Poor Audrey is so neglected, but she's still growing.

Oprah, just for one day, just to experience what it's like to be one of the richest and most powerful women in the world (and maybe use that day to pay off my debts while I have access to her accounts...hee hee)

SNOW! SNOW! SNOW! a Nor'Eastern is heading our way. I may be south enough that we'll have a mix of ice and snow, but I'm hoping we get JUST snow. This one could be a doozie if it stays on its current track. My daughter has a swim meet early in the morning tomorrow and it's an hour away, so I'm hoping it gets canceled so I'm not out in the storm.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-21-2005 - 3:15pm

) Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so, what do they say...

have no bumper stickers.

My old New Balance sneekers....

We have an Amirillis bulb a friend gave us that we are waiting for it to bloom...
Before I had kids I had lots n lots of plants and kept them very well... then kids
and I camp a lot on weekends and they just get forgotten and well ya know...

I can't think of one either. Money and or fame does not guarentee happiness.
and even though it ain't perfect... I love my life, family and friends.

My plans for the weekend were to visit mom and make sure she gets cleaned up for the week... but with the impending snow storm... I don't think I will make it down there.

but as for tonight... Well it is our 21st anniversary and we should be going out for dinner... at least I am not planning on cooking tonight.... ;)

Enjoy the weekend
Catherine

Catherine.....
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 1:47am

No B. S.'s

Sneaker socks

Several

Have to think about this one......

Wife has been out of town couple days, have to put the house back in shape.

Have A Wonderful Weekend Everybody!

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 6:10am

None.

Heavy wool sox.

Not one. Used to have many but over time and with the last move we've managed to get to zero.

At the moment I'm thinking "somebody that’s dead." (Just kidding.)

Funny how the weather keeps creeping into everyone’s responses!

We had a full day of snow yesterday, about 5 or 6 inches by the time I got home from work. Many people who had longer drives, especially in the rural area left work early to get home safely. Even my wife, who works about 25 miles south of here, was home by noon.
About 8 last evening the wind picked up and it's been a full-fledged blizzard since.

We have rather large drifts, in front and all along behind our house and I don't believe my wife will make it to work as scheduled today. The wind is holding at about 40 to 45 MPH with gusts up to 60 and our temp is "one" degree by the "weather bug" on my computer. Doesn't that sound like it might be a good day to stay inside!

Hope everyone has a safe and warm weekend.

For Jane, "Go Steelers"
For a very good friend from Harrisburg "Go Eagles"
Jane, I'm going to be in trouble when the two have to play each other...

Oh and for Ruben, "GO FISHING!"

Marty

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 7:19am

Marty Our weather is clear and highs low 70's but not all is rosey. Fishing at the lake has come to a stand stll. The stocked fish stay in a protected area of the lake roped off with bouey lines. The only way to reach them is by long cast over the rope line but the line becomes unretrievable because it snags on rope. Only other way is by boat rental. I rent a boat daily till I exhaust my monthly fishing funds replacing lost fishing tackle. (Rope snaged) In one wewek I can go through 10 bobbers and leaders with hooks. Then there are night crawlers, power bait and replacing line weekly due to excessive stretching from snaging. Guess Im going to have to change my fishing schedule
to 3 days a week rather than 6 days a week. I better stop befor you bring out your violin. Wishing you a warm Santana, A California deasert wind.

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 9:42am

Well here I go again...and "GO STEELERS"

Bumper Stickers I do not have...BUT I do have a Magnet with Support Our Troops back by the Licence Plate.

I am wearing WOOL SOCKS and Cozy Slippers .

NO PLANTS...I put them out of their misery last year. May they rest in peace. LOL

Change my life...I don't think so...With all the saddness and heartache that I have had, The good times outweight the bad ...Money does not buy Happiness.

My plans are TODAY...Snowblow the 12 inches that will accumulate by 4 PM. Make a big pot of Potatoe Soup and bake Apple Cobbler. Tonight curl up in front of the Fireplace and catch up on my reading.
TOMORROW....STEELERS SUNDAY PLAYOFF with the New England Patriots. I hope this is our year to go all the way. But regardless they will always be MY TEAM .
Thank you Marty for the GO STEELERS...

" May you always have Love to Share, Health to Spare, and Friends that Care."

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 10:37am

I think I worded my 4th question wrong, so people misunderstood what the question meant.

It wasn't changing your life completely with someone else, it was just changing lives for ONE DAY with a celebrity. You wouldn't be losing what you have at home, it's just for a single day (kindof like "take your daughter to work day" only this is "change lives with a celebrity day").

So I chose Oprah, just so I could see a taste of her life (and have access to her accounts, just for a day-hee hee)...meanwhile, Oprah would be at my house cleaning up after the puppy's accidents, fixing Joey peanut butter sandwiches shaped like a moon and picking up Bri from swim practice in time to get her to Volleyball practice at night....Meanwhile I would be taking a limo to one of Chicago's finest restaurants to dine with some of Oprah's "dear" friends like Tom Cruise and Celine Dion...meanwhile, Oprah would be going up and down 4 flights of stairs doing load after load of laundry (dark load, white load, towel loads, linens)....meanwhile, my limo would wisk me back to the studio where I'll spend an hour getting a relaxing massage before I

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-22-2005 - 11:59am

No bumper stickers but I do have a TiVo window cling (I'm a TiVo fanatic!!)

Socks and slippers - I love the weekends!

My mom gave me an Amarillis bulb for Christmas - it's very tall now but hasn't bloomed yet.

I'm not really into the celebrity thing - pretty camera shy and don't like much attention!

We have a snow storm coming (it will soon be up to visit those in the north eastern states!) so I plan on staying in this weekend and working on my scrapbooks.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~Lora

Lora

I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business.