4th Friday five for 2005 (1/29)

iVillage Member
4th Friday five for 2005 (1/29)
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 6:37am

1.Has PD changed your life time goal or has it caused a detour.?

2.What do you dislike most about PD?

3.Can you think of any good resulting from PD?

4.Has progression of PD been quick or slow?

5.What are your plans for this weekend?

Have a grate weekend..

(Answer at your convenience)

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 6:53am

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 8:42am

After seeing that my famalies needs were taken care of I was hopeing to have a mountain cabin in the local mountains for family getaways. Still trying to figure that out.

The inability to be productive and provide for my family. Unable to drive long road trips

I have met a teriffic group of people that inspire me.
Able to spend much time fishing.

4.Has progression of PD been quick or slow? After 20 + years I have to answer progression has been slow.

Have sons family over for visit.
Son Ruben, Senior Financial Analyst
DIL Lisa, Physical Therapist
Grandaughter,, Alexandra (8 years old) pianist
Grandson, Jack (5 years) goofball.

ruben

Have a grate weekend..

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 5:49pm

Not really.

The way it clouds my thinking

Getting to know Jane on the AOL board and her helping me find this board and all the great people here.

Slow

Just working around the house and otherwise taking it one step at a time.

Hope everyone is doing well,
Marty

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-29-2005 - 8:07pm

OK Ruben...Heres lookin at you....Jane

1. PD HAS changed our life time goals. Our plans to travel across the country, drive down
the California Coast, Another trip to New England, Winters spent in Florida, So many things left undone. But we still have faith that a Cure is Coming. Maybe JUST maybe all this will come to pass in our lifetime.

2. I have to be honest about this....I hate Parkinson.

3. Oh my Yes ..As much as I dislike Parkinson....I love all the wonderful PWPs and CGs that I have met on this Journey. I feel a deep bond to all of you.. You are all on my Pray List. In the wee hours of the morning, when sleep does not come, I can go on my Computer and read all your posts and feel a deep sence of comfort. I often go into the Archives and read all the old posts. Under Laurens care, we sure did have fun. I miss the Chats and am trying to find time to get back .

4. Dicks progression of Parkinsons has been very slow. For this we are thankful.

5. NO PLANS except maybe if the Snow keeps falling, Jane will be out Snow Blowing.

Dear Marty, Getting you to come on the IVillage Board was one of the things I am
most proud of...I KNEW YOU WOULD BE PERFECT HERE. We all Love you...Jane

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-31-2005 - 11:40am

Hello All...

been a hectic weekend and just now getting on.. have a few minutes before my experiment here needs my attention.

For me I would say no..because it is my Mother who has it. but it has impacted her life and plans. As active as she was to be in this shape she just never saw it coming.

Currently I am trying to get her to think about going to a local Senior Center at least once or twice a week... Of course I have to convince her that she should get out of her nighty, first. that is already a problem because she wants to feel better first. but if she continuse to sit waiting ... I think she will still be waiting 6 months from now. so I am trying to gently push her a long.

I worry though because I am afraid if she moves for this day and then sits for 2 or 3 days she loses what she gained!

My mom's complains most about how much longer it takes to do things. and how much more effort things are to do.

other than the support of the members of this board and knowing I have someone to talk to and ask for help from, that would be the best so far. Can't thank you all enough

it has only been a year... and for the first half of that year I would have said slow. but since her back dr prescribed Tylenol with codine.. it has been fast

when I first found this boad it was going so badly I really thought we were going to lose my mom for awhile. Figured if I didn't figure something out she might last 6 months.

Getting her off that pain med and back on her meds and supplements (correctly and regularly) has greatly improved things. and she is progressing well.. but has far to go.

Lets see... I had to help conduct a meeting for our Civil War reenacting group that my DH and I help run... and then Sunday run down to take care of Mom... She thought I was coming down to give her a bath...LOL but I decided that she really needed to figure out what she could do for herself... and she did it all by herself!!!! Rah!!!

don't missunderstand, I don't mind doing what she needs, but I want her to be able to take care of herself and I believe that if I don't make her she will not improve. So she looked at me funny... and I told her I was there to do what she couldn't and to be sure she wouldn't fall... but she needed to do it herself..

LOL... all she had to complain about is how long it took for her to do it. Well the last time I did it for her it took just as long. and I figure the more she does it the less time it should take... I hope.

Catherine

Catherine.....