8th Friday 5 for 2005 (2/25)

iVillage Member
8th Friday 5 for 2005 (2/25)
Fri, 02-25-2005 - 10:15am

I am sure you were expecting 5 questions, but this Friday we want to know 5 things about you.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-25-2005 - 12:26pm

Five Interesting Facts About Lauren Sue:

1. I HATE to iron. In fact, during a recent visit at my Mother's house, my almost 4 year old son asked her "what's that?" when she began to iron some of Dad's shirts. Poor kid never sees one being used at home, LOL.

2. I have very vivid dreams nearly every night, like mini movies, in full color with lots of details. I've had vivid dreams for as long as I can remember and now my son, Joey, wakes every morning to tell me his dreams, lol. Last night I dreamt I was about to sing a solo in church and couldn't remember the words and suddenly couldn't find the song in the hymnal and I began making up words. Then I was living in a house full of big black spiders and giant red flying spiders. Very creepy. Joey dreamt he was in a fire at my Mom's house but the rescue heroes saved him and then he said "where were you mom?" I said, "I don't know Joey, it was YOUR dream"...LOLOLOLOLOL

3. I love weather and meterology and trying to predict storms. It's been an obsession for decades. My friends call me the weatherwitch

4. I LOVE keylime pie

5. I've never had coffee before, not even a sip of coffee in my lifetime, but I love the smell of it.

Lauren Sue

Community Leader For The iVillage Health & Well Being
Parkinson’s Disease Board
Click Here To Visit The Parkinson’s Board
A Place You’ll find Information, Inspiration & Instant Friendships

Once we choose hope, everything is possible

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-26-2005 - 9:16am

This is a tough one…

1. I enjoy motivating and inspiring people.

2. Love to cook and bake. Unable to do so now because I make a mess.

3. I find fishing is a great tool for fighting depression.

4. I can’t take any kind of hot pepper or hot chili. Black pepper is almost too hot for me
Taco sauce is ok as is chili beans.

5. I’ve had Parkinson’s disease for about 27 years. When Im on (meds) I move “normally” unless I stumble.

ruben

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2005 - 12:40pm

Ruben,

Thanks for playing along. Interesting reading your 5 facts. I, too, can NOT tolerate spicy foods. They make my "face sweat", lol, and I just don't enjoy it. Mild, please...hold the hot sauce...

And you do a FABULOUS job of motivating and inspiring people here! Thank you so much for all you do here.

BTw, what is one your favorite things to bake?

Lauren Sue

Community Leader For The iVillage Health & Well Being
Parkinson’s Disease Board
Click Here To Visit The Parkinson’s Board
A Place You’ll find Information, Inspiration & Instant Friendships

Once we choose hope, everything is possible

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-28-2005 - 7:02pm

Sorry I'm so late posting.

Dani

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2005 - 3:50am

Lauren Sue, thought I had replied to your post days ago. Guess it didnt copy. My favorite thing to bake is apple pie. Jane gave me a good tip on a dough problem I had. Im not alowed to bake much cause I make a mess and we put on weight. Hot stuff makes my face sweat also. A light "Pico De Gallo" is tasty though. Its a salsa made of cilantro, tomato and green onion and couple non lethal spices. Hows them chickens doin in the cold?

ruben

Edited 3/2/2005 3:54 am ET ET by lxsgp