Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:56am

1. On my desk: a deck of John Kerry playing cards

2. In this room: a handmade string instrument from Egypt

3. Out the window: 7 angry roosters

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 9:19pm

I have no idea how you keep coming up with such great Friday 5's week after week.....
Let's see what I can come up with....lol

1. Tell us one thing that you have on your desk that you think no one else would have on their desk...
Well, since this is a laptop on my couch.... a pillow?

2. Tell us one thing in the room where you are right now that you think no one else has where they are...
I know this one! Three sippy cups! LOL

3. Tell us one thing that you see out the nearest window that you imagine no one else has in their view...
Geez, I don't know....a bulldozer? They're putting in condos across the street...

4. Tell us something that makes YOU unique...
My empathy. It's a mixed blessing. But it's the way I act, think, and approach life. So far, it's working for me. ;)

5. What are your plans for this weekend?
Hmmm, WORK! :P I have to work tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday morning too. Blech. Just looking forward to coming home and and playing with the kiddies!

Thanks for letting me play along!
(((hugs)))) to all!
~Jules

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 10:41pm

1. Tell us one thing that you have on your desk that you think no one else would have on their desk...
A small metal sculpture of a boy holding a fishing rod.

2. Tell us one thing in the room where you are right now that you think no one else has where they are...
A picture on the wall of a light house engulfed by huge tide.

3. Tell us one thing that you see out the nearest window that you imagine no one else has in their view...
My neighbors bedroom window.

4. Tell us something that makes YOU unique...
This is a tough one. I have had Parkinson's for over 20 years and when fully
medicated I appear as a non pwp, no obvious symptoms.

5. What are your plans for this weekend?
No plans as of yet, must wash my car though.

ruben

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-08-2005 - 11:24pm

26th Friday! Already half way through 2005 - How time flies!

1. Tell us one thing that you have on your desk that you think no one else would have on their desk... My desk is a “collect all” location for all the things I can’t seem to find a good place for so I could list several “unique” things - how about (just for Ruben..) a hat that says “JUST FISH.”

2. Tell us one thing in the room where you are right now that you think no one else has where they are... I seem to recall mentioning this once before because it’s kind of “tacky." It's one of those pictures you have to stare at for a while and then the image appears… It’s called “Desert Serenade” and there are two wolves, a pup and an adult, howling at the moon… If I ever get around to finishing this room I’m convinced my wife will see that it mysteriously disappears!

3. Tell us one thing that you see out the nearest window that you imagine no one else has in their view... I can see the ninth tee box at the local golf course?

4. Tell us something that makes YOU unique... I don't know where I heard, or read this, and I can't remember exactly how it's supposed to go, but I’ve always liked the quote “We are all unique – just like everybody else…” Anyway, I doubt this makes me unique but I do have the ability to find humor in almost any situation. It’s the one thing that gets me through the day much too often.

5. What are your plans for this weekend? Hope to drive up to the lake with my brother in law tomorrow afternoon (wife permitting..) otherwise, putzing around the house.
Marty

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 7:48am

Welcome back to the Friday 5 Jules! Actually, Mary could have 3 sippy ups, thanks to all of her grandchildren. And wow, they are putting in condos? Is that in those woods I saw in the Satelite picture of your home that time we looked those up on the internet? or is this across from the woods? I bet the kids love watching the bulldozers. It's like having Bob The Builder move in across the street.

I hope work passes quickly this weekend!! Thanks for playing along. Missing you!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 7:54am

Ruben,

Now that I'm finally letting my doctor up my medication, I'm hoping I'm finally going to be another one of those PWP who show no symptoms while medicated! Feeling much better so far

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 7:59am

Marty,

I remember you talking about that picture before becaue I recall telling you how I can never see the "other" picture in those type of things. My eyes just haven't figured out how to process them!

And I didn't realize you lived next to a golf course. Do you ever have stray golf balls flying in to your yard?! That would be scary...

and so great you can find the humor in everything. Such a great trait!

Lauren Sue

Community Leader For The iVillage Health & Well Being
Parkinson’s Disease Board
Click Here To Visit The Parkinson’s Board
A Place You’ll find Information, Inspiration & Instant Friendships

Once we choose hope, everything is possible

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 9:01am

Marty your hat gives the answer to the question what is good therapy for a pwp. Put it on your wifes head and smile as you leave for the lake. She can then smoke up a storm.
Marty you deserve a break buddy..

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 9:50am
. Tell us one thing that you have on your desk that you think no one else would have on their desk...

Dani

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2005 - 10:34am

Dani,

what are you reading these days! you remind me of my Mother. Mom is an avid reader and doesn't miss a single best seller and then some! I wish I had more time to read, but I try to get a book from time to time. I'm hoping to read a good one while I have time to myself during my trip along to California in July. Any recommendations?!?!

Pages