39th FRIDAY FIVE...Reflect With Us

iVillage Member
39th FRIDAY FIVE...Reflect With Us
Fri, 10-07-2005 - 6:58am

Where is everyone?!?! Come out and play with us this Friday!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2005 - 7:28am

"Today, I am going to my daughter's Varsity Volleyball Game_______"

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2005 - 11:09am

Today, I cleaned out the kids toy closet. WooHoo!!

"Yesterday, I took my sixth tae kwon do class.

"One year ago, I was a stay at home Mom.

"Five years ago, I was a stay at home Mom, pregnant with our second child.

"Ten years ago, I had just started dating the Love of my Life!

My weekend is today and tomorrow. Today I'm cleaning out closets and dropping off donations. We've also been giving away a lot of stuff on freecycle. I also get to volunteer at my son's classroom in about an hour. ;)
Oh-and tonight I take my oldest son and daughter to their first tae kwon do class!
Tomorrow we'll just relax and hang out. No real plans as of yet.
Great Friday Five, Lauren Sue! :)
~Jules

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2005 - 10:27pm

thanks for playing along Jules!

I think that's so cool you've got Alex and Emily signed up for Classes now. I bet they're gonna love it! You must really be enjoying them. I didn't realize you'd had 6 classes already. How often do you take them?

Yea! we finally have rain!! first time in 2 months we've had good rain here. I never thought I'd WANT rain before, lol. Oh and I bought a big cage for our Raven today. He needed more space because he's getting pretty big. He can't fly, because of the injuries he had sustained prior to DH finding him, but he sure needs more room for exercise in order to stay healthy. He's loving his new cage!

I can almost hear an echo on the board lately?!?! I hope everyone is doing alright...I see many of you in chat twice a week, so I get updates on you guys there, but would love to know how everyone else is, too!!

Hugs all around and thanks, again, Julie...

(BTW...question for you Julie, now that Oprah has the new stage in her studio, which appears to have more room for a larger audience, is it slightly easier for you to get tickets?!?! I hope you get to see her again some time)

Lauren Sue

Community Leader For The iVillage Health & Well Being
Parkinson’s Disease Board
Click Here To Visit The Parkinson’s Board
A Place You’ll find Information, Inspiration & Instant Friendships

Once we choose hope, everything is possible

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2005 - 6:55am

"Today, I go to the Home Depot to check out tile floor installation."

"Yesterday, I went to the lake to fish and then swept out the garage"

"One year ago, I had sugery on rotary cuff that was injured in a fall."

"Five years ago, I startd on new med Salevo"

"Ten years ago, I cannot remember"

(PWP for over 20 years)

ruben

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2005 - 10:31am

you've really liked the Stalevo, haven't you Ruben? And how did your body handle the recovery from the surgery...I really think PWP have a much more difficult time recovering from things. Did it keep you from fishing for long?

Thanks for playing along Ruben

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2005 - 11:43am

Lauren Sue Stalevo has been great for me. It seems to gve me some stabilization. That surgery was difficult recovery time. It lasted think about amonth. Im not sure how long it kept me from fishing but sure it was too long. Having PD deffinitely extends recovery period. I go under the knife again for another rotary cuff tare repair the 20th of this month. Ugh, wish me luck..

ruben

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 8:54am

Oh No Ruben! I didn't know you were having more surgery; and so soon! I guess that's good news for the fish in your area...they'll get a brief break from your hook, but I' sure you'll be casting that reel again in no time following this next surgery.

I'm sending some healing vibes in advance~~~~~~

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 9:05am

Thank you for the good vibes. Ill take all I can get....Ill sure miss my daily therapy at the lake. Lots of worms and a few fish will be happy.

ruben

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 12:42pm

"Today, I am orange"

"Yesterday, I was still orange"

"One year ago, I was a little seed"

"Five years ago, my great-great-great grandfather was baked into a pumpkin pie"

"Ten years ago, my ancestors were getting ready to rise out of the pumpkin patch just like I will in a few weeks on Halloween"

Happy Halloween

From The Great Pumpkin

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-09-2005 - 8:33pm

Sorry that I am late again posting on the Friday Five. Oh well better late than never.

1..Today I spend the day cooking, baking, and loading the Freezer . My brother and wife are coming in next Sat. to spend a week with us.

2..Yesterday, I put a coat of Car Wax on my bathroom tile, washed windows, polished the furniture and scrubbed the floors. Also gave the spare bedroom a good cleaning .Was I Tired....YES

3..One year ago....Dick was recovering from the Hip Surgery that ended up going bad..
and Jane was care giving as usual.

4..Five years ago, Dick and Jane were up in New England staying at a favorite B&B.

5..Ten Years ago....OMG....Will have to look this one up in my Journals. If I find it I will put a reply on later...

Well I better get moving if I want to empty the dishwasher and throw some clothes in the dryer. Dick is napping in his Lift Chair and has a big smile on his face. HUMMMMMMMMMM
Wonder what he is dreaming about?????? Bye for now....POOF.....Jane

Pages