TGIF! Post Your FRIDAY 5 for JANUARY 23!

iVillage Member
TGIF! Post Your FRIDAY 5 for JANUARY 23!
Fri, 01-23-2009 - 11:17am

TGIF! Join us for our

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-23-2009 - 12:15pm
Lauren Sue's Friday 5:

I IGNORE my children when they whine. Selective hearing is essential for successful parenting.

I IMAGINE that one day I'll grow up and live happily ever after

I INVITED my kids to invite their friends over for our Annual Miss America party that we'll be hosting Saturday night. Should be interesting.

I IMPROVED my strength when I became a Pilates addict.

I INTEND to finish my housework and laundry by the end of today, assuming I ever get off the computer...

AND BONUS QUESTION:

What are your plans for this weekend and the next week ahead?

my son has a pinewood derby with boyscouts Sat morning. Sat night Bri is driving up from JMU w/ some friends for our annual Miss America Party (it's like fantasy football, except we wear old prom dresses and bridesmaids dresses and act really catty). here's pictures (view at your own risk):

from our 2005 pageant party http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/5267712

and our 2008 pageant party

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/18921026

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-23-2009 - 6:30pm
Finish These 5 Phrases:

I IGNORE the phone when my caller ID doesn't show a name (stupid telemarketers)!

I IMAGINE a world with no incurable diseases!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-24-2009 - 6:05am

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 11:24am

Thanks so much for playing along Chris!

I love your answer to invite! I invite myself to no housework for a week sometimes, lol. In fact, I really need to be finish cleaning from last weekend's Miss America Bash, yet here I sit catching up on iVillage! I'd rather iVillage than clean ANY day!

Sorry to hear about the funeral you had to attend. How sad.

Congrats to your State Champ in the Miss America Pageant!

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 11:29am

Thanks for playing along Ruben!

Love your inventiveness with your net! Very creative

And love your imagine answer. I'd like to imagine that myself, too!

And were your ears burning last Wednesday night? I was talking about you with my pastor after choir practice. He's an avid fisherman and said he would go fishing every day if he could. One of the reasons he was so excited about being assigned to our church this summer was our proximity to the Patuxent river, the Potomac Rive and the Chesapeake bay. We are surrounded by water. His favorite thing to fish for is Rock Fish.

Anyway, I told him all about my Parkinson's Pal who is living his dream, fishing every day. He wants to be you when he grows up ;-)

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-26-2009 - 9:32pm

Thats interesting Lauren Sue, my mother wanted me to be a pastor.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-27-2009 - 12:39am

Yep, Pastor Walter says he loves to take his studies and his fishing gear out on the his little boat and go out and read until something bites. He said "I'm not a people person and enjoy the time alone". I laughed and said "you picked a heck of a career for not being a people person", lol. I think he meant to say that he relishes his rare moments of solitude. Who knows! He sure wishes he could do it every day. His current boat rotted, so he's hoping to invest in a new little fishing boat so he can get out on the water more frequently.

And I think of you everytime I see Rick Warren, even during the inaugeration!

Lauren Sue

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-27-2009 - 5:32am

Lauren Sue Ricks a good man.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-27-2009 - 7:35am

Thanks Ruben. My oldest son had the Virus at the end of last week and althought I completely disinfected the house from top to bottom one of my daughter's friends who came to visit from JMU this weekend has it now. I really hope it ends there. I wouldn't wish this on my biggest enemy...except I'm shocked my DH hasn't come down with it, yet. He's the only one in the house to dodge this bullet. go figure!

Speaking of Obama, my Dad was unable to go to some of the inaugural events he had tickets for because mom is still recovering from her back surgery so they gave the tickets to my sister and her boyfriend. They got to go to a Champagne brunch at Union Station right after the inaugural speech and to a ball at Union Station later that night