Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 9:20am
Lauren

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 9:39am

Chris,

if I'd read your answers before I wrote mine then I think I would've stolen all of yours! They are great and I can relate to each and every one!!

enjoy your busy weekend with holiday festivities and fireworks! I hope Jenna enjoys her Tennis camp :-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 10:44am
Since you are going cold turkey on that caffeine, don't be surprised if a headache hits!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-02-2010 - 11:07pm

I

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 8:40am

Hey Chris,

I've gone cold turkey on Caffeine before and remember those wicked withdrawal headaches all too well, but for the sake of getting some sleep I am SO willing to try anything. Also, right now I could totally abuse the caffeine during the day just to make up for the sleep I'm not getting during the night. Why can't our bodies have a RESET button!

I've tried melatonin a few different nights. Only one of the 3 gave me some sleep and while it was better than insomnia it still wasn't completely restful. When it didn't work the 3 rd

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 8:57am

ruben,

I knew when I chose "Obsessively" this week that your answer would be fishing ;-)

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend fishing and enjoying family time. Good look getting ready for your Beach Week 2010.

* after I posted this I noticed I typed "good look" instead of "good luck". This is a prime example

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 10:04am
I've done the Melatonin and for a while it worked.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 11:29am

My neurologist has asked me the last 2 appointments if I want a prescription for a sleep aid but I really do NOT want to go that route and will try anything and everything first. I didn't even want to do the Tylenol PM, yet I felt I had no choice. I've truly never had such an incidious case of insomnia before. I was as if I'd overdosed on a gabillion gallons of caffeine and my eyes were wide eyed and my brain was wired and on over-drive. I elimated alcohol, caffeine, ate a healthy diet, exercised... still couldn't sleep.

I even stayed in bed and rested, even though I wasn't sleeping, but after many hours that just gets frustrating and I find myself getting angry because I can't sleep. I tried self relaxation, lavender, chamomille, melatonin. I avoided getting up and reading or getting on computer, so my body wouldn't get in a habit of being up at night. This has been going on for weeks! I've only done the Tylenol PM 2 night now and they were my most restful sleeps I've had in a long time. Even when I wake at night I find I can go right back to sleep. the nights I didn't take it I was back to sleeplessness. UGH

If only I could Control/Alt/Delete Parkinson's and Stress from my life, then I think i could finally sleep....

enjoy your newest furry visitors this week and hope you can get some sleep, too.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 9:05pm

Sorry about this post being so long but I had a lot of frustration to work through here.... lol

I think we will all agree that sleep, in itself is a fairly common problem when living with PD, however, much like Lauren Sue and Chris, I've been really struggling with this lately. The last month or two have been really tuff. I've been blaming a lot of it on the heat and humidity

I tried to post a response to this weeks "Friday Five" twice over the weekend. Somehow I managed to lose both responses. I know I blew the first one simply because I was so tired I couldn't get my head and fingers to cooperate. I haven't a clue what I did the second time...

Being tired has a tendency to make me a little irritable and I wasn't responding to any stress or aggravation very well by that time, so I gave up.

When I get "really" tired I find it very

Pages