Move over Fri 5 ~ How about an ANY DAY 8

iVillage Member
Move over Fri 5 ~ How about an ANY DAY 8
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 6:01am

I missed my chance to post a Friday 5, Saturday 6 or even a Sunday 7 this past weekend, so how about we try an ANY DAY 8 instead:

I

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 10:05am
I

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 4:15pm
I

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-10-2010 - 7:58pm

I

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 7:59am

Marty, I like your answers!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Mom to furangel, Chelse
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 8:28am

try an ANY DAY 8 instead:

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 1:33pm
I

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 2:19pm

WOW - Lauren Sue!

I don't know how you manage to deal with all the things on your plate...!

But what really impresses me is that you managed to go a full day without your meds!

I've attempted that a couple times however never have been able to get past noon. I get so cramped up that everything just plain hurts. I hope you were able to get through that okay.

Hopefully things will come together a bit for you soon. We're missing you around here!

Marty

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 4:25am

I love reading the responses each week! so much fun

Chris,

WTG on the yard work! I wish I had the energy to do some. Our yard looks like our home is abandoned, which must be why that fugitive decided to hide in our yard a few weeks back. No one would see him crawling through 6 ft tall weeds (no exaggeration!)

and WTG on getting Jenna back on school sleep schedule. I SOOOOOOO need to get the boys back on theirs. I can't believe summer is almost over. I wish the heat wave would be over, too. Wow, today is Thursday so that means it's Jenna's 1st day back at school. I can't believe her summer is over. Hope she has a great 1st day! (BTW, what ever happened to school starting after labor day and beginning in September. Seems to start earlier and earlier)

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 4:38am

Hey Amy,

Thanks for playing along this week! Love your answers. Like you, I am so ready for the kids to be back in school!

And, like you, I used to drink a lot of soda. No, that's an understatement. I was a hard-core diet coke Addict. When they introduced that Diet Lime Coke I was in soda heaven. Then, when I had to have my gallbladder out in 2007 and wasn't able to eat/drink for some time, I had massive withdrawal from my lack of diet coke and one of my worst migraines ever. I decided to take that opportunity to go cold turkey on the diet coke and ALL sodas. I look back and SOOOOOOO wish I'd done that decades before. In Highschool I was addicted to Tab soda, then I moved on to Diet coke. Now I love drinking unsweetened ice tea and/or hot tea and/or ice water. Can you imagine how much MONEY I could've saved if I'd never bought all those sodas!

congrats to your friend on her new job and to you for being a single parent. I was

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-12-2010 - 5:23am

Hey Marty,

I agree with Chris: LOVE your answers! You crack me up!

I, too, hope we can flush the funk that is around here! Lots of Positive Vibes and Good Karma needs to be spread around ;-)

Good luck with the renovations to that apartment! You really are quite the handy-man!! My house would keep you very busy with all the renovations it needs, but I guess that's to be expected after nearly 300 years of wear and tear ;-)

As for the heat wave, we may also get a break this weekend. I hope so, as this summer has been a record breaking hot one. I'm hoping we get some good thunderstorms when a small cold front stalls near us tomorrow. We really need the rain!

And, yes, I went cold-turkey on my meds for one day. What shocked me most was that my tremor didn't get as bad as I expected, but the stiffness was horrible and I paid the price for several days after. When I told my neurologist what I'd done and that I was shocked the tremor wasn't worse, she said "I bet you were really stiff". Yep, very much so! The tremor was prevalent, I guess I just expected it to be even more so, but instead it was just a total lock up of the body. My day off from meds wasn't planned, but an interesting experience nonetheless.

My neurologist is contemplating putting me in the hospital for a bit to try to fine tune meds and, quite honestly, give me a break from the stress at home. I'll go back in 2 weeks for a follow up.

Hope you have a great rest of your week and get a break from the heat! BTW, how are the dogs doing with this heat?!?!

Pages