I vacationed

I vaguely

I volunteered

I vomited

I vow

I vacuumed

The view from my

AND BONUS QUESTION:

How was your week? Any plans for this last weekend of August?

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 10:29am

Lauren Sue's:

I vacationed on the Outerbanks of NC last summer. We didn't take a vacation this year.

I vaguely remember a time when I was healthy for any extended period of time. It seems I'm ALWAYS sick.

I volunteered to paint the mural for our Vacation bible school this past summer. It was so much fun. I also volunteered to help in the preschool class at VBS. It was a very rewarding experience and the boys are already asking to do it again next summer :-)

I vomited the other day in my car. I was eating snowpeas with humus while sitting in the carpool line waiting for my son to get out of school. For some reason a snowpea got lodged in my throat. I tried to pull it out but couldn't reach it and I couldn't swallow it. I was near panic when I decided to try making myself puke in hopes it would push the snowpea up and out. It worked!

I vow to try to get my house in order sometime in the near future. I'm tired of the chaos, disorganization and mess.

I vacuumed nothing last week. I need to vacuum my car this weekend.

The view from my kitchen windows is a tangled web of grape vines that have taken over that side of the house, it's completely grown over the windows! Makes for nice shade.

AND BONUS QUESTION:

How was your week? Any plans for this last weekend of August?

this was the 1st week of school for my daughter who is a senior in HS and for my son who is in 4th grade. Busy week settling in to the new school year. Next week Daniel starts preschool, which means I'll have 2.5 hours to myself every m-w-f. Perhaps this extra free time will help me catch up on housework!!

this weekend my boys are spending part of it camping with Daddy and the boyscouts, then I get to be on solo Daniel Duty while Daddy goes to a Nats game (too bad Strasburg is injured and out for the next season or two). Tomorrow I am supposed to sing in chuch but my throat hurts a bit. Hoping it's a fluke and I'm not coming down with something. Was also hoping to drive in to Va to visit my parents who just returned from 2 weeks in Denver but I dont know if I feel well enough.

Hope you all had a great week and have a wonderful weekend.

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-28-2010 - 9:15pm

Okay, I'll play along on this one...!

I vacationed - just about every year when I was younger. Usually a Florida Gulf coast beach if it was a winter vacation or a northern Minnesota lake if it was a summer vacation. At the moment I’m not sure when we took our last vacation…!

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 2:30am

Wow Marty,

I really could use your handy-man skills around my house. Everything is falling apart! WTG on all the work you're doing for those tenants. You are one busy guy, yet you still manage to surprise Julie with some chores in your own home! She's one lucky girl.

As for cornfields, we have a lot in the county where I live, too. Cornfields and Tobacco farms. It's rather ironic as you turn on to the street where our local middle school and high school are located it's all

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 6:49am
Saturday 6, it's a Saturday 7!:

I

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-29-2010 - 9:43am
I vacationed - vacation?