How many pain-causing dxs do you have?

iVillage Member
How many pain-causing dxs do you have?
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 1:42am

Meant to hit the "poll" button but this might be easier. Now, I am fully aware that some of you may have one condition that's a doozy. I'm not discounting that. But it seems that so many of these things bring friends along to the party (the type of party where the folks who own the place spend weeks fixing the mess, that is. I once described my body as being like a bunch of kids, where one body part starts acting up and soon the whole class, er, body, is. In this case, I imagine a teenager whose parents left for the weekend and told less-than-reliable friends...)

Okay, if I can remember them all... I have fibro. I have another condition, HSP, that doesn't cause pain but causes muscles to become spastic (tense) which aggravates the fibro as well as my Myofascial Pain Syndrome (sides of neck and shoulders, mostly), and whatever is

Jaseann

co-cl-Celiac Disease

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 9:13am

Hi, Jaseann!!

Nadine - deenie1979

jesussig.jpg image by nadine1979

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 10:06am

Jaseann,

It's good to see you here!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 11:20am
I have fibromylagia and chronic fatigue (they seem to go hand in hand) I have rheumatoid arthritis that mostly juist effects my hands and feet. I have Myofascial Pain Syndrome.I have now got a problem with my neck where my surgery was for my thyroid they think scar tissue has built up there closing the space and creating last space for everything else .This aches especially in the winter and damp and humidity times.My surgery for my ovary/bowel still has pain at the site which I'm hoping is not permanent but isn't going away all though the muscles are finally healing.I have IBS and interstitial cystitis as well as chronic sinusitis due to severe food allergies and other allergies that can also cause migraines.I also have deteriating hips and knees and elbows.Shilleagh
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-27-2005 - 12:59pm

Kidney stones, IBS, reconstucted leg ( 2 bolts and a 6'' rod ), migraines from a closed head injury, siezures, 4 blown discs, ostio (sp ) arthritis in all my joints, spasms in my neck.

When one goes nutz they all follow :(

Hugs,

Robin

**Please remember to sign your organ donor card...it can save someone's life**   

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2005 - 9:41pm

Hi, I am Denise and have visited this board for a while now. Most of my pain comes from Chronic Lyme Disease.(I was not diagnosed until I had it for at least a year ot two and I became symptomatic when my dad was dying) I work out several times a week, use pain meds as needed (usually daily) and receive anitbiotic treatment for flareups. There is alot of confusion out there and no set treatments or cures so it can be very discouraging.

denise

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2005 - 9:50pm

Denise,

Good to see you here!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-10-2005 - 10:33pm

Hey, Denise!

Nadine - deenie1979

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-18-2005 - 9:28am

Hi, Jaseann!

Nadine - deenie1979

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2005 - 2:17am

I'm actually in my room- I'd been camping in the guest room for a month. I did have to choose the paint color after a lot of the decorative items were packed and the color clashes with the samplers Mom did for me- luckily my uncle thinks painting is relaxing and volunteered to help me redo it over Thanksgiving. So I'm not completely moved in, but very comfortable. I was able to buy one of those closet organizer systems- won't say if it's California Closets or Closetmade so as not to be accused of spam ;^) that I have built. It is working very well.

Caught a cold and a stomach bug and was laid out for a week. Couldn't even come here. But I am finally better.

How's everything on your end?

Jaseann

cl-Celiac Disease http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhceliac

co-cl-Vegetarian Living

If your neighbor doesn't think you look sick, it doesn't mean your symptoms aren't real. If a doctor ignores you, it doesn't mean it's all in your head. If there aren't definitive tests yet, it doesn't mean the disease doesn't exist. You know your body- trust yourself!

Jaseann

co-cl-Celiac Disease

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2005 - 11:02am

Oh, good!

Nadine - deenie1979