One for our side!

iVillage Member
One for our side!
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 1:47am

For years and years, my aunt has suffered shoulder pain. She's been to doctor after doctor, who sometimes bothered to do an x-ray before giving her a prescription for pain pills and sending her to physical therapy. A good number, seeing nothing on the x-ray, seemed to be giving her the pills and a referral just to get rid of a patient who really had nothing wrong.

Aunty went to a sports doctor a week ago. He said it sounded like a bone spur or a rotator cuff injury, and an x-ray wouldn't show enough of the bones to rule out a bone spur and can't show muscle injury. He sent her straight to a lab

Jaseann

co-cl-Celiac Disease

iVillage Member
In reply to: jaseann
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 6:26am

That is fantastic that she got a doctor that listens !!! I hope her surgery helps her ease this pain, many good luck vibes are coming her way.

Hugs,

Robin

**Please remember to sign your organ donor card...it can save someone's life**   

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 7:37am
Oh Jaseann!

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 8:47am

Awww, Jaseann, that is wonderful news about your Aunt!

Nadine - deenie1979

jesussig.jpg image by nadine1979

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 10:59am
I'm so glad that she was able to get a diagnosis.Now maybe she can't get rid of the pain.Gentle hugs shilleagh
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2005 - 12:53pm

Jaseann, I am so happy that they finally are going to help your Aunt!! How terrible she has had to live with this for so many years because Drs take the easy way out! But there is hope! Persistence (sp?) is key. We can never forget that. I pray everything will go smoothly and she will be healed quickly.

Hugs,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com>
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com