early morning anxiety

iVillage Member
early morning anxiety
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 2:15pm
Well, I'll give the new boards a try. I recently posted on early-morning anxiety--thanks to those who responded, letting me know I wasn't alone. I mentioned that I take prozac in the mornings, and considered trying it at night instead to see if it helped. Well, I tried taking it at 10pm last night; still woke up too early this morning, but without the anxiety! Now I'll just wait and see if it strikes me later today instead. Hope everyone is doing OK today, and that we all get used to these new boards. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 4:05pm
Hi Kassie! I'm not a doctor, but if your anxiety does hit late in the afternoon it may be that your dosage is not enough to elevate your mood. I'd check with your doctor and confirm that.

Way to go in tackling the new format on the board. If you have any observations post them under the Question of the Week. Hope to hear more from you and let us know if you anxiety does hit you in late afternoon. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community   

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 7:43pm
Hi Kassie. I am on zoloft and had a lot of like anxiety around the 3rd or 4th week, then I had a prickly feeling in my face and the dr. said to lower my dosage for 5 days and then go back to 50mgs. I did that, and now 2 weeks later I am having the jittery feeling in the morning again. I wonder if this is similar to what you are experiencing? I hope you are feeling better--this anxiety thing really stinks. Take care. Lin
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 1:52pm
Hi there. I saw your post on morning anxiety just before the new format came about. I wanted to post to you and not sure if I didn't , but just to let you know, most people I talk to about this question say yes, it's always worse in the morning!! Definately. I used to hate to take naps b/c even if I wake up in the afternoon after taking a nap, I'd have to go through the same thing. My meds were adjusted and now my afternoon naps are not too much of a problem. I also have fibro, and there are times when I just have to take a break in the day. I also take my anti-anx meds at night, before I go to bed, and I really think this helps some, but at times I have dreams, weird ones that causes the morning anx bad.

Glad everyone could help. Good luck gal. Hugs, Terry