New here, just seeking support

iVillage Member
New here, just seeking support
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 2:12pm
Hello,

Lately I have been feeling really stressed out. I have been having these spells out of nowhere in which I will feel like I have done something really wrong and something is going to happen to me. Well nothing does and I know how I feel isn't right. It has been happening alot over the past month or so. Will something like this just go away or will it get worse? Help!

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 6:50am
Hi and Welcome to our Board!! I don't know your age, but you "sound" like a young woman. I feel that what you are experiencing is stress, which you know is normal for our lives. What's important to remember is that your feelings do not match your reality and you've said that what you worry about does not happen. So now the key here is to not build on those feelings and turn them into full blown anxiety. How do you do this? Well, this is what I do. First accept that life may throw you a curve now and then and you will not worry about facing a curve until it is thrown at you. By "curve" I mean change, which is not necessairly a bad thing. Next, involve yourself in an activity that helps release your stress (exercise) or allows you to "give back" and gain conficence in your abilities. Take on a project at church, visit friends, throw a small party, do something that will make a loved one happy. There are all kinds of things. You will be busy and not sitting around thinking about all the "what ifs" that might happen. We are all in stressful time right now because of the economy and the war. You WILL feel that stress, but that is not an excuse to quit living. Get out there and enjoy today!!! and tomorrow will arrive on schedule. You are very welcome here and I hope that you will continue to talk with us. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community   

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-28-2003 - 11:57am
Welcome to the board, I have to say it sounds to me like your getting stressed and not sure why.I still get to the point to where I think what if this happens but I'm learning that it helps to keep busy. If you get to the point to where you feel you can't handle it you may want to try talking to your doctor.Your always welcome to post any time and I hope you let us know how your doing. Take care, Diane