I have a whole new life-and it's great!

iVillage Member
I have a whole new life-and it's great!
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:41am
Holy moly hello everyone! I am the happeist I've ever been in my entire life. If anyone remembers me I went on buspar about 3 weeks ago. I swear to God after I upped my dose to 30 mg a day last week, that something changed in me dramatically. Let me explain what has changed. I work in a museum that gives short talks to groups that come in. I have avoided this like the plaque since I've worked here. Me talk to a group of people? I don't think so...I'd rather get 50 rootcanals...LOL Well this week I was actually excited to try to talk to the groups. I'm coming off intelligent and funny when I do it(at least I think so..lol) I'm actually talking them out the door because I won't shut up. Guess all those years I didn't talk have built up!

Also before I hated to be "caught" doing anything when a visitor came in. This included eating, checking my makeup/hair or evening looking out the window. Now I could care less. It feels great to not just sit and be scared someone is going to see me doing something other than sitting.

And a month ago I wouldn't EVER be caught going for a walk in the daytime. I always would wait until it was pitch black and even then I hated it when cars would light me up with the headlights. Now when I get home from work I immediately go for a walk with my head held high and I look people right in the eye and say hello. God I finally feel normal! It could last, it could pass, but at least I know what it feels like to have a normal life now. I hope eveyone worldwide can someday experience this feeling because DAMN this is life...who knew? Certainly not me! Just thought I'd share my amazing new world and wish you all the best.......Neeca
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:29pm
Wow, you put a lot of how I feel into words. I just started taking Zoloft today, and I'm really counting on it to make me feel how you feel. That is so GREAT and I'm SO happy for you!! Please keep us updated on how great you feel! Ok?
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 11:28pm
I'm so very glad that you posted about your success. It's important for others to realize that using medication can bring the breakthrough that's needed to move along in one's therapy and life. You were having a rough time and you've gotten the help that you needed. Now you know that you can feel better. I hope you continue to use your therapy to get at a few of your issues, but you are building on your confidence every day. Congrats!! Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community   

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:19pm
HI Neeca, I can really relate to your happiness and I'm so glad you are sharing your experience...It is so good to hear the bright side of these medications! When I started Zoloft I had a few mornings where I felt so alive I cranked up the music (Talking Heads) and danced around the whole time I was getting ready for work. In the shower, brushing my teeth, blow drying my hair...it was great! It's leveled off a little...I don't work up a sweat anymore...but I am so impressed with my change of attitude. I seem to be living more in the moment instead of fretting about the future and mourning the past.

Have fun with your new life!

Whitedove