Started taking Zoloft today!

iVillage Member
Started taking Zoloft today!
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 2:18pm
This is day 1 of taking Zoloft. For the first week the doctor has me on 25mg, and then I start 50 mgs next week. I decided just this morning that I need to do something about my problem. I'm so glad the doctor could see me today, otherwise I probably would have chickened out. My twin sister uses it, and I am REALLY hoping that it helps me. I have gotten to the point that I am desperate. If I don't do something, dh and I will most likely divorce. I have always had some mild depression, but never really told anyone about it, and here I am turning 30 in May! I also have a HORRIBLE temper and totally lose control when dh and I argue. My twin has been on it for the last 4 + years and she highly recommended it to me back then, but I've been too scared, especially knowing that she's tried going off it many times, but unsuccessfully. But her doctor said she's got a chemical imbalance, and there's no need for her EVER to go off of it. I also have social anxiety, how severe, I don't know. But it really drives people crazy, including me. So I'm hoping that this helps all of my problems (depression, temper tantrums and social anxiety).

I'm hoping to use this board for support, especially if my husband decides to leave me before the medication takes affect! No, I'm mostly just kidding. We married each other for better or worse, and I'm guessing that he takes his vows seriously.

~ Kathy

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 3:02pm
Kathy,

I am new to taking Zoloft also. I am only on day 13, but it's been good so far.

good luck,

Amanda

Amanda

When someone tells you that you can't go any farther, just tell them to look behind you and see how far you've

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 6:48pm
Hi Kathy I just want to say welcome to the board! I just started meds too day 10 of Paxil CR, so keep us updated on how you are doing and we are always here to listen!

Take care, Robin.