Don't want to turn back to meds

iVillage Member
Don't want to turn back to meds
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 9:35am
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with worry and depression other than taking meds? During the past few years I have tried and stopped taking many different kinds, because I became frustrated at the side effects, and the fact that they weren't working like I hoped. I am feeling down again lately, and thinking about turning back to them, but I don't want to. I know I could not take them for the rest of my life. I am searching for a way to be happier, less anxious, without them. Any suggestions?
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 9:08pm
Welcome to the board and I hope that you will continue to post with us. Depression is not always a condition that is of our own making. Some folks have chemical issues and need medication to conquer their depression. It's not shameful to take medication, if you need it. Worry is a product of the mind and sometimes we need help with a lift of our spirits in order to learn how to change the thought patterns that need changing. I don't know your whole story, but if you have a history of repeated depressions and bouts with worry, maybe this is another round and you need to go back to your meds and get some therapy too. I could ask you to consider trying not to worry about things, but most of the time we need help to learn a few tricks to do that as well as some reality checks by someone that is not emotionally involved in our life. I encourage you to talk with your doctor and find out what options you have to help yourself. You are always welcome here!!! Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community