Question for Moonchild on the rest leg

iVillage Member
Question for Moonchild on the rest leg
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 2:05pm
Hi, it's button again. I might be confused about your symptoms of restless leg syndrome. I suffer anxiety and have for about 6 years now, and I have this habit of shaking my leg back and forth, sitting anywhere. At times it causes the table to shake, I jiggle my leg up and down while on the pc, something like when you have to potty, ya know? Is this what you meant?

My dh has a different style, if you want to call it that. For him, when he is in bed, it's like a spasm or twitch and it goes on for hours some nights about every 20 to 30 seconds. I've heard it called night quakes. Just about the time I feel I'm dozing off, he will twitch and I have hit him w/the tv remote, an empty paper towel roll the cat plays with, and I have even physically shaken him back and forth and he is such a sound sleeper he doesn't even remember. But I do give him Melatonine. I take Klonopin but it doesn't stop me from wiggling.

Just wanted to make sure I knew what you were talking about.

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 6:34am
Sorry It took this long to answer your question. My leg shakes only when Im laying down. As soon as I relax it starts shaking. Im fine when I am sitting.So far the Zoloff has not helped.i WILL SEE MY DR. IN MAY.By now, Nancy