I really can't take anymore (m)

iVillage Member
I really can't take anymore (m)
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 10:27pm
I am so upset I just don't know what to do with it all. Long story short, my ex lives where the SARS virus originated. I asked him to please be in Canada for ten days before he sees my son, so that we can be sure DS will not be exposed to the illness. He is only coming from southern China, for heaven's sake! Well, he is giving me a problem about the quarantine. Somehow, he is superman and immune or something. I called a lawyer and before she even knew anything about my case or about me, my situation, etc., she starts about how mothers who do not allow access lose custody of their children. This is my ABSOLUTE WORST fear of them all, so I began panicking all day long, crying uncontrollably, etc. I hate this. I am not denying his visit, just asking that he take a reasonable precaution!

This lawyer does not know me, didn't even bother to listen much to my situation, but feels free to terrorize me regarding losing my child. Even though she didn't know about my GAD/Panic Disorder, anyone would have been scared by her "advice". Sometimes I want to lock myself in my house and never come out for fear that SOMEONE out there will set this panic horror off. I am already just barely alright with papers due, etc.

Sorry for the vent. I am supposed to be in class right now, but I had to take a break to get this out of me or I will burst into tears again.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:59pm
Hi Steph! I'm not sure I can make you feel better, but I can tell you that I really understand your concern. SARS is a nasty problem and dad is being a dumbas* about the risk. Is it possible for you to talk with another lawyer? It's not like you are trying for anything permanent with visitation, just wanting to keep your son safe from a real threat. Afterall, the CDC has advised us to NOT travel to Korea, Viet Nam and surrounding areas. Where was that lawyer's head - up her fanny?? You are a resourceful person so try to calm down and put that keen mind of yours to work. Venting here is good for you, so I'm glad you posted. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community