Hey Suz

iVillage Member
Hey Suz
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:14am
Thanks for asking, well yes I did sit down and have a talk with my roommate/friend, and come to the realization she's more messed up then me!! Actually it all came to a blow when she told her little sister the only reason she hasn't left us earlier was because little sister lost her job. (Little sister lost her job in May and found a new one in June so I don't know why it's taken her to almost April to say this).

I think these sisters need to be far apart from eachother! She told us she wants us to stay in the place we are now till September and then each go our own way. I do feel slightly better, but still upset. And there is still tension between all of us. I don't feel like she should be decided in March that we all have to live together till September (we don't have a lease, it's month to month)

Mostly because I have wanted to move for a while, because this place is way too cold in the winter, too hot in the summer (etc) So I want to move out for May or June. Although I am terrified to do this for so many reasons, financial ( the program I work for is non-profit goverment funded so there is always talks of budget cuts etc), scared I'll just be so alone etc. But there is a little part of me that is excited, my own place, my own decorating etc!!! (and stupidly that even makes me anxious)

I'm trying to live by "everything happens for a reason", and just think day to day, if I think in the the future I getting very anxious. Then it seems huge.

And I'm trying to think about the "safe place" stuff, and trying to think it's not to good to get too stuck to the same soft spots.

Sorry this is so long! Thanks again -- have a good day

iVillage Member
In reply to: ame555
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 10:33am
Ame,

I remember reading your post about all this awhile back. If your friend wants to move because of problems with her sister then why does she want to wait till September? Any way I know what you mean about being nervous and excited at the same time I would be too! I have never lived alone and often thought about what it would be like. I wish you luck to find a place and who knows you will probally love it!

Take care, Robin.
iVillage Member
In reply to: ame555
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:52pm
Hi Amy!! I'm so glad that you talked with your friend and found out what was going on with her. See you were not the problem and as you say, she has more problems than you do! I feel that you can safely look for another place and move when it's convenient for you. Afterall, you have to take care of yourself. With a month-to-month lease, well there is no reason for you to stick until September, unless you want to. It's your decision so make sure you make it FOR YOURSELF! This is a time when you have to make sure you do the best thing for yourself. Afterall, no one else is going to pay your rent. Plus it's kind of fun looking for a new place. I know you are limited by your income, but I have faith that you will make a good decision about what you can afford. So start the adventure!! Hope you are feeling fine and that work is going along fine. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community