Lexapro

iVillage Member
Lexapro
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 1:23pm
Hello. This is my first time posting. I have recently started taking Lexapro 10 mg. and I wondered if anyone has had any experience or has heard anything about this relatively new med. I've been taking it for about 2 weeks and I still have sleepiness and anxiety. I did take Paxil for about 2 yrs. (stopped last summer) for anxiety and I know when I started that it took a good 3 weeks to get rid of the sleepiness. Just wondered if anyone had any success with Lexapro for anxiety.

Thanks & take care,

Lucy

iVillage Member
In reply to: lucy260
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 4:27pm
Hi Lucy welcome to the board! I dont have any experence with Lexapro but I just started Paxil Cr 12 days ago and yes I am tired! Anyway this is a great place to come and share what is going on with people who really understand! Glad to have you here! Let us know how the new med goes!

Take care, Robin.
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 8:19pm
Welcome Lucy!!! I'm glad you found us and I hope that you will continue to post with us. I'm not on any medication right now, I've not had experience with Lexapro, but being a little tired at first is not unusual. So I hope that you will try to not worry too much about your feeling and in a few more days you will probably be feeling better. This is a good group of kind people so I hope that you enjoy being here. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community   

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:34am
Robin & Suz,

Thanks so much for responding to my post. I had heard that the side effects for Lexapro were not as bad as paxil so I guess I'm just getting impatient. I start a new job in a few weeks and I'm hoping the side effects will be gone by then. I quit two jobs over the last six months (my trigger for my attacks is performance - ie running a meeting, giving a presentation) because the jobs required attack provoking situations. I don't want to mess up this time with this new job in a few weeks which is why I went on lexapro. Thanks again and bless you both.

Take care,

Lucy