STRESSING OUT!!! Can't relax

iVillage Member
STRESSING OUT!!! Can't relax
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:00am
I am the Maid of Honor in my best friends wedding at the very end of June. My best friend told me that we had to have half down on the dresses by last month so that the bridal shop could order them. Well, I initially had only put $50 down when I was fitted. I totally should have put more $ down, but at the time I don't know what I was thinking. I just figured $50 was enough at the time. ANYWAYS, last night I woke up so sick, and while I was sitting in the bathroom from 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. I remembered that I FORGOT to put the rest of the $ down on my dress. I couldn't fall asleep after that, and I couldn't stop worrying about it. I am so worried that we aren't going to have the dresses back in time! I know my dress is going to need alterations, and I'm worried that there wont be any time. I called the bridal shop this morning as soon as they opened, and I paid the dress off completely, but they told me it could take 4 to 12 weeks for the dresses to come in. I asked the lady to call me and tell me if there was going to be a problem, and she said that she would call the bride NOT me. She wasn't a very nice lady. (If you ask me, they should have been on top of things as well, and they should have called me to tell me) I am not going to blame the bridal shop, it is my fault. SOOOOOOOO here I am at work, I have lots of work to do, and I can't stop worrying myself to death. My best friend will kill me if I am the reason we cannot get these dresses in on time. I am so angry at myself. HOW COULD I FORGET TO CALL THEM THREE WEEKS AGO??? It was so simple and I screwed it up. I have so much on my mind right now. I have had deadlines at work I had to meet, and then I have this annual meeting for work coming up that I was helping with. My cousin was here from Europe. We had my bf's family thing to go to. Then I started taking the Zoloft a couple weeks ago...I just don't know what got into me. Now I am stressing out.

Please say a prayer that this works out for me and that the dresses come back on time.

Thanks,

Amanda

Amanda

When someone tells you that you can't go any farther, just tell them to look behind you and see how far you've

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 10:40am
You have my prayer Amanda, but I also encourage you to tell your friend about your late payment. Yes, you may be embarassed, but since the biddy at the store will call the bride, maybe it would be better to not have her blindsided. You have some valid reasons for letting the payment slide, but it's better to be honest with your friend. I feel like it's best for each of us to save our best behavior for those we love and care about. Plus, you will no longer have to agonize about the possibilities of your slowness. It sounds like you need to take a breath as well. Anxiety really gets to us when we are on overload. Blessings to you. Suz

Blessings, Suz   Posts in this Community   

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:58am
The bridal shop called me back, and the dresses were already ordered!!! I am so happy, and relieved at the same time. I really panicked. All that worrying for nothing!

Amanda

Amanda

When someone tells you that you can't go any farther, just tell them to look behind you and see how far you've