Cymbalta ur 2cents

iVillage Member
Cymbalta ur 2cents
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 3:57pm
Is anyone on cymbalta and what did you think! If it did help did it take awhile to take affect.
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-13-2010 - 4:50pm

Different bodies metabolize meds different ways. What works for one person, may not work for another.

I don't remember any side effects from it. Due to an allergy reaction to Zoloft I replaced it with Cymbalta & started at a larger dose since I could not wean off of Zoloft. So the first 2 weeks I cannot tell you how my body adjusted - my body didn't seem to reject moving from on AD to another quickly. I remember I still had some anxiety & I don't think realized at the time how much it kept my anxiety down.

A year later I felt like I had a constant dark cloud following me. I finally felt it was the Cymbalta & weaned off. Two weeks later, I felt like the clouds had moved away and the sun broke through, but 2 mos later I started having panic attacks again.

So that is how my body took it. It doesn't mean this is how you're body will do. Remember it takes 2-4 weeks to adjust to ADs. If you really want to know how much anxiety it takes care of for you keep a daily journal. You can pre-print pages with a chart with your different type of anxiety symptoms listed so on different days of the week you can rate from 1-10 where those symptoms are. Look it over in 2-3 mos to see if you can see a difference.

Here is an example of how a mood chart can be created:
http://i.ivillage.com/health/trackers/mood_tracker.pdf

Hope it works!

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 7:57am

THANK YOU FOR YOUR IMPUT AND THE CHART WILL BE HELPFUL :)

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 2:38pm
I've heard pro's & con's when taking it for anxiety. It's still very new opposed to the older SSRI's that still seem to work for folks. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan
PS You might check out what others have to say on the Antidepressant Medications Board: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-bhpaxil

Edited 5/14/2010 2:40 pm ET by cl-ijanis51