Luvox (Fluvoxamine) and restless lag syn

iVillage Member
Luvox (Fluvoxamine) and restless lag syn
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 12:59am

Lately - I have been suffering from wrenching body (torso) and leg spasms. I went to the neurologist today. All the doctors (just about) now are on an electrical computerized input data system. Lo and behold - though the doctor knew it anyway - the new complex computer diagnosis program recommended lowering my Luvox . One thing I have always realized is that MEDS MUST BE MONITORED and taken strictly as directed. This syndrome (BTW) is a secondary manifestation of my Parkinson's which, ironically, is 100 % in remission and has been since 2006. Go figure ? LOL

P S One of the meds that helps greatly with RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME is mirapex - leg spasms and dystonic movements also are associated with anxiety and medicines that treat panic attacks as well.
Yes - mirapex is proved to help --- But But - But ! - it is a drug which can cause some unusual, almost incredible - side effects. More tomorrow !

Manny,
evavolizza@aol.com

Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical intention. http://www.fotothing.com/hamin/
Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical in
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 1:01am
How do i fix my rediculous profile pic ;-) Amy ?
Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical intention. http://www.fotothing.com/hamin/
Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical in
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 6:47am

I've noticed that certain anxiety meds cause me to have a bit of restless leg syndrome as well. It seems to start after I've been on them a while. I've found that gentle stretching before bed seems to help.

I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Jess

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 10:17am

Thank you, Jess --- My wife and I are flying to Vegas on the 20th. If the restless leg thing hits on the flight, it will doubly painful. There is so little legroom on Southwesy (LOL) as is - So, I think what I'll do (and I have only treated myself to this once in my 64 years - LOL) is the day b4 we depart I'll treat myself to a massage at my chiropractor's. The woman who does the massage for Dr D - is very, very strong - if you get my drift - and that is good. Also when she feels a"knot" she uses an acupuncture pin to break the tiny knot.

And yes --- leg stretching is a great idea. T Y

BTW - I was surprised at discovering in some emails just sent to me how many people "suffer" from this syndrome.

God bless,
Manny
evavolizza@aol.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 2:22pm
Click on my profile on the top of the page you're posting on. Click on *friends*, then click on *change image.* HTH (((hugs))) jan
PS The pic is ok in my boook;)

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-14-2010 - 2:35pm
I took a high dose of luvox for along time & did well w/it. I didn't have restless legs though. I have cramping & need to keep my potassium level up. Eat two bananas a day for that. I am just a *jumper* when I'm falling off to sleep. I have even jumped off the bed. Getting too dang old for that! I might break something;) (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk