One week left!

iVillage Member
One week left!
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 8:06am

One week from today I see the neurologist. I'm terrified! I woke up with a panic attack. In a way I feel relief that its almost over but the panic still keeps creeping in.

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
In reply to: booplady44
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 10:08am

I have complete faith in your ability to cope for the next week. It's already been two since you posted about your increased anxiety, and you're still plugging along. I know how exhausting it can be, though. I say some pamper you time is in order. Anything to help you relax a little.

I'm sorry your dh lost his cool. It's hard to explain it all to people who haven't experienced it. Infact, I had a funny moment this past weekend when my dh's dad was here to visit. We were joking about an incident that happened a couple of weeks ago when I started having anxiety bad again. I had this obsessive thought that I just couldn't get rid of, so I woke up dh and had him hide the object of this obsessive thought so I could just let it go. Well, I'm fairly certain my father in law thinks I'm certifiable now. lol There's really now way to explain that such odd behavior is 'normal'. I tried though. The look on his face was priceless.

I hope the next week flies by for you. Are you keeping yourself busy? Planning outings and events to distract yourself? Sometimes when I'm having bad anxiety those things are my lifeline. I make a schedule that includes getting out of the house and around people and stick to it no matter what. I have found that anxiety fades in the presence of purpose if that make sense.

If all else fails, we're here for you. ((((Hugs)))) You can do this!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 2:00pm

You always seem to have the right words just when I need them! Thanks! I really got a chuckle out of the story about yur FL! I know the look people get when we tell them about some of our odd behaviors.

I am keeping busy. As I said before dh is self employed so I've been going to work with him which has actually been very fun and relaxing for me. I get one of my grandaughters this weekend. We will go out for fish Fri night and plan a shopping trip on Sat. I do my buying for my Ebay

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-19-2010 - 11:08pm

We're actually in Michigan now, in the Upper Peninsula. We'll be moving back to New York in the fall, though. Dh is going to be stationed at Fort Drum, which is about thirty miles south of the Canadian border and less than 20 miles from lake Ontario. We've lived there before and liked it, so we're happy to be returning.

I'm glad you've got a full weekend planned. That time with your grand daughter is so precious. I spend as much as possible with my nieces and nephews, while they're young and hanging out with Auntie Jess is still something they get excited about. lol

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-20-2010 - 3:02pm
You're down to 6 days now, and I hope the time is moving quickly for you.

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 5:15pm
Hang in there! You will do ok! I am thinking of you & sending P&PT's. Please let us know how it goes. We care about you, Gracie! GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk