Absent???

iVillage Member
Absent???
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 6:57pm
Ok, guys! Maybe you noticed I was gone last week. Maybe not;) To bring you up to speed, I took my dd back into the house. She's clean, sober, following her treatment plan & so far, so good. I am happy to have her, but the stress is overwhelming. I'm working hard @ getting back in balance.
I guess I'll be a first time gramma. It's exciting but scary. She needs to stay on the high road. Keep your fingers crossed. Send some luck, P&PT's our way. (((hugs))) jan
PS Thank you all so much for supporting one another during my absence. You guys are the bestest!!!

gem21uk

iVillage Member
In reply to: cl_ijanis51
Sun, 05-23-2010 - 8:55pm

I noticed you were missing but assumed it had something to do with your mentioning the anxiety you had taking a ride with your parents. Thought maybe you were regrouping. I truly hope and pray all goes well with your DD. I know how stressful it can be dealing with our kids. Your definitely in my prayers! ((HUGS))

Congrats on your upcoming first grandbaby!!!

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 10:37am

Jan,

Best of luck with your DD!! Maybe expecting a little one will help her to stay clean and have something to focus on. I can't imagine the stress you must be under having her back in your house.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 12:06pm

Congrats!!!!

How does your DD feel about the news? I guess how she responds to it will all depend on if she fears the news & is excited by the news. How long until ETA?

Hope all goes well!
Keep us updated :)

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-24-2010 - 5:27pm

Jan, this is big change for you. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you during your adjustment. You were missed, but I'm glad you took the time you needed. I'm happy to hear that your daughter is doing so well. You're going to love being a grandma!!

Jess

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-25-2010 - 11:13am

Congratulations, Jan. I will pray all the best for you, your DD, and BTB. PG and little ones are stressful, but such a blessing, and can definitely change a dynamic for the better.

Here's hoping you are able to adjust quickly to having your DD at home with you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 4:16pm
Thx you guys for all of your support. We're hangin' in there. I think we may have a Christmas baby. That's ok w/me. But...you know those kids are never happy w/a combined Christmas/birthday party;) I'll be so happy as a gramma, to do all I can to make this little one happy! (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk