Freaking out!

iVillage Member
Freaking out!
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 8:19am
I see the neurologist at 11:30 this morning. Of course I woke up early! I'm freaking out, my mind is running so fast I can't keep up with it!!

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
In reply to: booplady44
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 8:50am

(((Hugs))) I know this morning is rough for you. I know you knew this morning was going to be rough for you. You aren't going to end up in the psych ward. Know how I know? You're able to communicate effectively and you have good grasp of time and space. I know that anxiety is making you feel out of control and the panic feels overwhelming, but you are going to be okay. Do you use positive self talk? I ask because it's a good way to break the train of negative thoughts. Tell yourself these things, out loud:

I'm safe.
I'm okay.
I'm going to be alright.
I can do this.
I can handle whatever comes.
This is just anxiety. I've had it before and come out okay. I can do it again.

And you can do this!! Whenever your thoughts start their downward spiral, say these things to yourself as many times as you need to to settle down the negative thoughts. You really are going to be okay, even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

Let us know how you're doing and how the appointment goes. (((Hugs)))

Jess

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 9:59am

(((HUGS)))

I have no advice to add, but wanted you to know that I'm thinking about and praying for you. Update us later.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-26-2010 - 11:14am

I don't experience this but my daughter does and I hear her in everything you say. Be positive and I am praying for you.

Trudy

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 4:22pm
(((Gracie))) I haven't read your latest update. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you're ok & NOT in the psych ward;) I have had that kind of anxiety/fear & it's awful. You will be ok no matter what. You have a lot of ppl on the board pulling for you. GL & GBU! jan

gem21uk