~*~*~Release Control~*~*~

iVillage Member
~*~*~Release Control~*~*~
Thu, 05-27-2010 - 5:49pm

"Anxiety and worry will make you feel older and lower your energy," author Gabrielle Bernstein says. Try telling yourself: I accept that there are things in life I can't control, and I release my worries.

I thought this would make a good mantra. In my mind I saw myself releasing a dove from my hand or writing a problem on a piece of paper & throwing it away. jan

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-28-2010 - 1:31pm
I'm a fan of this approach too. I've always done it with a prayer box, though, which is a little decorative container that I put my worries and prayers into, written on little pieces of paper. It's the same principal though. It helps to remind me that I'm ultimately not the one in control.
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 2:25pm
I wish we could post anonymously to the board. We could have a prayer box & post our worry or burden for others to pray for us. I need some help, Jess. Though I have been here for years, I can't share what my burden is): Thx for sharing your good idea! (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 3:30pm

Have you ever thought of creating a 2nd account for anonymous posts? Probably cannot share here now, we might catch ya, but maybe on another board who may not see this thread?

I wish you peace and something good to release some of your burdens today.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng