A Salute to the Valiant

iVillage Member
A Salute to the Valiant
Mon, 05-31-2010 - 2:44am

This is a repeat of a post - in response to one of our A P and P ers going to visit a sick relative. The point i made to the poster is one of we who suffer ANXIETY are the true marines of this world. Do you not agree?

Our co-sufferer said " Prayers and positive thoughts for when we're with grandpa would be greatly appreciated. I feel like such a louse, but his illness makes me really anxious, so the Xanax is going with me."

Dear friend -

Do not heap guilt on yourself.

June 15, 2005, I was in a catastrophic near death auto accident - a head on collision at 55 mph each car - I don't even remember the hit nor even the helicopter coming to take me to the TRAUMA unit at St Francis Hospital, Poughkeepsie, NY. I remember nothing, actually - but for the first few months after the collision I irrationally felt enormous GUILT - Yes, Amiga , this Amigo, also felt like a LOUSE - but - one day in August, daughter Beth simply said," Pop - it's called an ACCIDENT - not an ON PURPOSE."

It is exactly (EXACTLY) the same with anxiety, panic, and phobia .Amiga, you did not ask to have certain chemicals mess with your serotonin thus precipitating anxiety. You are going where you are needed and alongside your husband. This per se is courageous beyond the comprehension of non sufferers ! !! Yes ? This means YOU are a valiant warrior. To view yourself as less is untrue and unproductive and anxiety generating ! Pop o Amy knows. I've been there; done that a thousand
( well a hundred - lol ) times Thus, we ALL salute you, friend, and we wish you Bon Voyage - and aurevoire with our thoughts and prayers.

P S - This fear/phobia is incredibly common among we A P and Pers ---- It would be interesting to read some observations from the amigas of A,P. &P ---- Wow - wouldn't it be something if an AMIG-O responded. 40% of sufferers of A, P & P are MEN ---- Interesting so few - if any are here. ---

God bless you, dh, and grandpa. "Fear not... for If God be with you, who (what) can stand against you."

Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical intention. http://www.fotothing.com/hamin/
Though the war be not over, I am indeed winning skirmish after skirmish; battle after battle - for "if God b e with me, who can stand against me ?" certainly not these hells they call anxiety, depression, panic, and phobia. I mock them - paradoxical in
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 6:47pm
I know what you mean, Manny. Just like your accident, I was sitting here minding my own business when this dang anxiety hit me): I can get myself really down about it when I look around @ ppl who seem to go through everyday stuff w/ease. For me, it's a struggle that I know, YOU know!
How was your Memorial Day? How's Amy? Yes. I'd like that Amigo to post too! GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-02-2010 - 8:51pm

I've been mulling this "valiant warrior" thing over in my mind all day. I like it! We all are valiant warriors. What we go through and still keep going does make us warriors.

I would love to see more amig-O's on here! Is it because its harder for them to admit fear that they aren't? Boys are raised to think they have to be "tough" and "strong" its really got to be harder for them to admit they feel fear.

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

Community Leader
Wed, 06-09-2010 - 3:02pm

We are ALL "Warriors" in this together...it's just what my ds and I were talking about.

He considers his sister and I "Warriors" but then I reminded him he is to...

Nightangel
Nightangel