Anxiety Update......what do you think?

iVillage Member
Anxiety Update......what do you think?
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 7:21am

What a whirlwind of a few weeks.

Stacey

Loving Mom to Brendan (10), Samma (6), Delaney Kate (3) and Natalie "MiMi" (2)

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:01am

((( Stacey))),

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:18am

Thanks so much for your response.

Stacey

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 4:38pm
(((Stacey))) I hope the Holter turns out ok. Such a pain to wear that dang thing around, but in the long run getting results will give you peace of mind.
I am not sure when or how, I gave up on the idea of *fixing* myself. Maybe it was a gradual thing. I accepted I was made differently & it didn't matter. If fixing was an option, it had been years & nothing was working that I tried on my own. Anxiety is real. It's just as real as ....... fill-in-the-blank w/any medical condition you can think of. It is difficult to accept that anxiety alone can cause so many physical symptoms. In fact, it's downright unbelieveable to many of us when we're first diagnosed. There comes a time when you know it is anxiety & reassurance from tests isn't necessary. We learn to reassure ourselves.
As for meds, I understand the fear. I have had it too. Several years ago during a particularly bad spell of a/p, I wasn't sleeping @ all & could not turn off the thoughts or stop the fear. The dr. ordered seroquel. What was life coming too when I required a heavy-duty drug like that? I got the sleep I needed. Was able to focus better & cope w/the anxiety as a result. I took it for 6 weeks & that was all I needed. Honestly, you have suffered too long, gf. In your shoes, I would give the risperdal another shot.
After meds & therapy, I was able to put the meditation, yoga, progressive relaxation into daily practice. I was able to *fix* myself but after I had a lot of help.
I hope you feel better soon. Keep in touch. GL & GBU! jan

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 9:30pm

Thanks Jan for your support.

Stacey