Question...Opinion?

iVillage Member
Question...Opinion?
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 4:43pm
I've been reading a ton of selfhelp books. I noticed that most of them no matter what the title,

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 4:57pm
I don't believe there is a *cure.* In my life, I have learned to cope better w/the anxiety & manage the panic attacks. I will always be an anxious person. I was a born worrier. I have learned how to live with it. A lot of happier & more peaceful days than not. (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 12:00am

I think that the idea of a "cure" is misleading. There are a variety of practices that are helpful to anxiety sufferers, but everyone responds differently to them. No one things seems to work for everyone, so when I see a new book come out that claims to have THE answer, I get a little frustrated, because knowing how the anxious mind works, I imagine someone picking up that book and the techniques not working for them and then them feel discouraged and hopeless.

I do think that anxiety can go into remission, as mine has done in the past, but I don't necessarily believe there is a definite "cure".

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 7:49am
I agree with both of you. We all have to find what works for us.In one book I read , the guy pretty much used self hypnosis

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do