jan - buspar

iVillage Member
jan - buspar
Sat, 07-03-2010 - 12:01pm

jan- i just read you were taking Buspar. How is it going? My pdoc mentioned it at one point.

have you ever taken melatonin? did it increase depression?

iVillage Member
In reply to: grippy2005
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 4:35pm
WB! I think you are Elaine or perhaps I have you confused. Lots of senior moments nowadays;)
Firstly, I have nothing to add about the buspar. I got really sick from a stomach virus that was raging through the community. A couple of day cares & the local ER's reported it in the news. It was accompanied by a headache. I was on the buspar for 5 days & did notice I was *wide awake* & not so fretful. I quit taking it because of the headache & the anxiety physical illness causes me. After that, the stressful situation I was in, resolved itself. I talked w/the dr. who understood my hesitation in taking anything in the first place. For now, it's on the back burner. I will say, I had no awful side effects & didn't drop dead on the spot, which my anxiety always says will happen. LOL
I have never used melatonin. I have read about it. Hopefully someone w/experience will read this & have some info to share. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

gem21uk