QOTW: Did Pregnancy Affect Your Anxiety?

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-05-2010 - 6:22pm

• No. I was never pregnant.
  • No. I have no anxiety.
  • No. My anxiety wasn't affected by pregnancy.
  • Yes. I had more anxiety when pregnant.
  • Yes. My anxiety was @ it's highest when I was pregnant.
  • Other. Please feel free to share your thoughts on any response.

You will be able to change your vote.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-06-2010 - 11:34am

1st trimester was the worst. I think I may have even become suicidal. I know I had suicidal thoughts, but not sure if I ever really did become suicidal.

Then like magic one day it all went away. All of it. I had never felt so much peace in my life. My H hated traveling b/c he loved being around me so much. I talked to my OB & she said the same thing happened to her (she was having babies right along w/me).

Anxiety didn't return until AF returned - and I nursed for 1.5 yrs. It was then I realized how hormone related my anxiety was.

With my 2nd child there was too much going on in my life. I had a major oral infection from an implant (surgery at worst time in pg right after I had a miscarriage), then found a lump in my breast which took several tests before biopsy, realized my brother was dying & then my baby went breach w/cord stuck around her neck before 3rd tri even started. Not sure if I had anxiety, but was not happy like my 1st.

I actually think my anxiety didn't return w/my 2nd until she was nearly 1 years old, my menses had returned & my life in the worse state of affairs ever. So when they came back in, the came back in harder than ever.

My cousin's wife. She has something like 9 children (I lost count) b/c she says she physically feels better pregnant. I found that odd when she first told me that, now I understand & would love being pregnant again.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:39pm
I was anxiety-free through both pregnancies. In fact, I felt on top of the world. The anxiety came as soon as I delivered. After my second dd's birth, it was so bad I had to be hospitalized. Since menopause, I have stabilized. No more of those monthly panic attacks around period time. Thank goodness! (((hugs))) jan