Panic & Thyroid Disorder

iVillage Member
Panic & Thyroid Disorder
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 1:10pm
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 12:33pm

I see that you've also posted on our Thyroid Conditions message board, which is what I was going to suggest for you.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 2:53pm

Thanks for your reply , guess the boards aren't as active during the summer months!

I am feeling somewhat better today , took more of the med this morning , still not up to the 100 mcg yet but close.

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 3:00pm

Yes, my understanding is that thyroid meds do require quite a bit of tweaking to get the doseage right, unfortunately it's not a one size fits all situation. ;)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:52pm
Hi, Bee! I am going to say WB, as I remember you from some time back. Or... I think I do;)
There have been others who reported increased anxiety w/thyroid troubles. That's why we always suggest getting a good physical to rule out any medical conditions that might be behind anxiety/panic. You have that all covered, so try to relax & breathe. You are doing the best you can. As for the meds, it will take time for it to reach a level in your blood stream to get your thyroid back into balance. Always check w/your dr. or pharmacist about your concerns. The quicker you get the med level to where it should be, the better you will feel. I am afraid of meds, too. Accept this as part of your anxiety. Don't beat yourself up, gf! This is a stressful time for us w/anxiety. Forgive yourself!
It's difficult not to focus on our health & med concerns. Try to keep busy. Find activities that will distract you from your current focus. In time, you will be right as rain. You have had anxious spells before & recovered. Hold on to that thought! GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan
PS How's your life been going up till now?