Emotional Hoarding

iVillage Member
Emotional Hoarding
Mon, 08-09-2010 - 8:47pm

Do you find it hard to let go of negative feelings and does this emotional clutter interfere with your life? You might be an "emotional hoarder". What's the longest you've held a grudge and why?

Your answer could be featured in a Today show segment tomorrow morning!

Amysummer2010-3.jpg picture by cmamyd

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmamyd
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 1:24pm
Amy! I came from a family of grudge holders. If someone ticked them off, they wouldn't speak to them or about them for years. One time, about 10 years ago, my father related a story & how he had held a grudge for almost 50 years! He had made the decision to never get involved w/the ppl who he felt had *wronged* him. As a result, he missed out on many good times! Though I had tried not to make the same mistake, that night I made the decision not to hold grudges & suffer like my father did. Yes...I have *issues.* I make a conscious effort to send them out w/the trash every Thursday night. When I'm stressed or depressed, they have a tendency to sneak back in. I just march them right back to the garbage can where they belong. There is no sense whatsoever in holding on to things that cause one to suffer. Life is painful enough.
Thx for posting, Amy! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
In reply to: cmamyd
Wed, 08-11-2010 - 1:39pm

There is no sense whatsoever in holding on to things that cause one to suffer. Life is painful enough.

You are so right about that Jan, no sense at all!

Amysummer2010-3.jpg picture by cmamyd