Anyone feel like I do?

iVillage Member
Anyone feel like I do?
Sun, 08-15-2010 - 10:56pm

I wasn't sure where to place this. I was wondering if anyone else has had these problem. my left arms has that waking up sensation, dead feeling at times. I also have this big fear of dyeing and having a heart attack. I know this sounds dumb and it only in my head. I know some of it coming from the fact that i just moved no to long ago to a new apartment in a new town, 2 hours away from my family.But i was wondering if anyone else has felt like this.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 11:13am

I have never felt any sensation like this.

Are you on any type of medication?

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 3:00pm
Well the sensation just happen not to long ago. I moved and i been experinces a lot of anxiety. Also i am not on any meds at this time ans the feeling comes and goes, mosly more at night i feel like this then the day. I been told that it most likely anxiety or i have a pinch nerve
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 4:38pm

Have you seen a doc regarding it? It's best to rule out other possibilities.

Once you know it really is anxiety there are many things you can do if you are not looking to take medication. These things are slower to progress than medication, and most likely beneficial even while on meds, but it is possible for some people to not use meds.

Meds probably should be considered if your anxiety is interfering with your day to day life.

I do get a tingling sensation on my left side & in my feet & have even had my legs go numb. Though, I did get checked out by a doctor & was told I was hyperventilating. I have also had my skin become so tender taking a shower was like the water was made of pins & needles. I wanted to scream & probably should have simply taken baths at the time.

So yes, I have experienced the sensation, and, yes, I have been able to take care of w/o meds. But I also got checked out by a doctor to rule out anything else.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 9:04pm

Oh I am right here with you!!!!

Stacey

Loving Mom to Brendan (10), Samma (6), Delaney Kate (3) and Natalie "MiMi" (2)

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-16-2010 - 9:53pm
I just wanted to give you all a heads up, that I ended up going to the Er tonight because i was having chest pain. I sat there for 3 hours and had 2 EKG,X RAY and blood work. The doctor came back and told me that there was nothing wrong with me and that everything looked alright and normal. I did tell them that i had anxiety. The doctor said that it was just probly just anxiety and to go to my family doctor and get checked out, they also told me to come back if i have any other warning signs. The doctor also told me to talk to my doctor about getting a stress test done and that to find a place for councling so i can go on med for the anxiety. Also they place me on Adavan for my anxiety for a few day. So i am happy that nothing is majorly wrong. It was all in my head, but i rather be safe then sorry. Anyways thank you all for replying to my post and talking me. :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 10:56am

That's good that you went to the ER and had some things ruled out.

Probably not much help, but a few years ago I had an anxiety attack that included a dull, heavy feeling and achiness radiating down my left arm. At the time I didn't realize it was anxiety, it was only later, in reflection, that I realized that. I have no idea what caused the peculiar sensation, but at the time was convinced it was a heart attack.

I hope you get some relief soon. Moving to a new place, and away from friends and family can definitely be stressful.

Community Leader
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 2:51pm

I am glad you were able to do that...sounds like they were very helpful.

It's best to check it out...

<3

Moving can cause anyone stress but factor in "Anxiety" and it's double the trouble.

When my son and I moved it was very hard for him and for me but we did it!

In time you will make friends but don't be too hard on yourself.

You are in unfamiliar surroundings and away from your family...

It took a lot of courage just to do that.

I always praise my son for small victories, they may be small to others but for him they are "HUGE".

So glad that you are okay.

Nightangel
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 9:26pm

Stacey,

BOOP

Three grand essentials to life are...something to do

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 12:21pm
Hello & welcome! I read through your posts & am happy to hear that you did get this checked out. It was NOT in your head. It was anxiety & that is NOT in your head. It is a chemical imbalance in the body & is most often triggered by trauma, illness or a major life event. In your case, the move was too much stress for you.
Anxiety can cause awful sensations & REAL symptoms. That's hard to wrap our heads around. Being the queen of sensations, myself, I can assure you that you are NOT alone! These symptoms are very real to us. I have had the tingling, numbness, chest pain, difficulty catching my breath, dizziness, weakness, racing heart, shaking, etc. Forgive yourself. It will take time for you to accept this as part of you. But, a part that you can get treatment for. Meds in addition to therapy will do wonders.
I learned belly breathing, progressive relaxation & imagery from my therapist. I meditate daily, exercise to let off steam & keep myself healthy through a good diet & adequate sleep. I have to keep my inner house in order:) It will take time, but you CAN & WILL learn to live more comfortably.
Don't beat yourself up over this. You are a good person w/a real illness. Keep in touch & post whenever you have questions. We care about you. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-21-2010 - 2:04pm
Glad you had this checked out!