Seroquel? Metroprolol? Grrrrrr

iVillage Member
Seroquel? Metroprolol? Grrrrrr
Tue, 08-17-2010 - 8:28am

Good lord ladies....we are trying to get my anxieties under control......its ridiculous.

Stacey

Loving Mom to Brendan (10), Samma (6), Delaney Kate (3) and Natalie "MiMi" (2)

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 12:05pm
Hi, Stacey! You made me laugh. *that stuff is a horse tranquilizer.* I took seroquel for sleep & I slept for days. I was to increase it every third night. OMG! I didn't wake up from the first dose! It did get me back on track.
As for the metroprolol, my mom took it for many years due to her PAT. She had a laser ablation done & hasn't required meds since. She had some sort of extra tissue on her sinus node(or something like that;) The only thing she complained about was *forgetfulness.* Our family had a laugh about that because she was forgetful long before she took the med. I take atenolol for my PAT. As does my dd.
Hang in there! GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-18-2010 - 12:30pm

My H cannot sleep unless he takes his Seroquel,but he's complained about the very things you have. Though he thinks the side effects are worth the sleep. (He has bipolar, so in his case he can go into mania w/o sleep.) He had to cut his into quarters at first too.

There is always this period of getting your body used to drugs. It's rough, but often gets better with time.

Does your doc let you know if this is a long-term solution or short-term? I think Seroquel will help you sleep, but I always worry about the quality of sleep my H gets while on it.

I haven't slept much for years, but I hate the drugged out feeling so much I'd rather be loopy for lack of sleep then loopy from a drug. Also - I seem to have an anxiety toward meds myself.

I'm curious though, have you had your blood checked for a vitamin deficiency? I have recently read about low B6 and anxiety with insomnia. I would think you're doc is doing what needs to be done - but was wondering if this was one b/c I'm curious to the results :)

I hope you can find some relief soon.

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng

"Only when we are sick of our sickness shall we cease to be sick."

~ Lao-Tzu, from The Tao Te Cheng