Going crazy with anxiety nervousness

iVillage Member
Going crazy with anxiety nervousness
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 1:37am

Without going into all the details, some things have been going on in my life for a couple of years and recently MORE information has me absolutely frazzled.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-22-2010 - 2:09pm

Im right there with you. It wont stop and I cant even have a drug like ativan. They wont prescribe it. IM about ready to jump out of my skin. I do nothing but pace and beg for help. Everyone is sick of me. I am on medicaid and can only go to one doc at this point and she is pathetic. I cancelled a appt with her and thought I could get another mental prescriber doc but couldnt with my insurance. So at the time my priamry gave me a one time script for klonopin and that is almost gone.

I know how you feel. I cant stand it. I begged my primary for ambian as I cant even sleep and now the mental doc is gonna be angry. Between the klonopin and the ambian. ALl she gave me was buspar which didnt work and then neurontin which dodnt work at all and I was on it a month and things got worse.

I cant sleep without the ambian almost out of the klonopin and wont be abel to get anymore. I want to die. I cant make any of this stop and do nothing but pace so you are doing better than I am. I wait all day to take the ambien and go to sleep and still am up at 6 every morning and go thru this everyday.

Its good you can at least sleep and listen to cds and such. BUt I understand your pain. I am sorry.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 12:12am

Sorry nothing helps you at all, guess I should feel a little bit lucky that some things do help to some extent, anyhow.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 6:27pm
I'm sorry to hear that you're still feeling so anxious & unable to sleep. This is only a suggestion. When I felt like this & the meds weren't helping & I didn't feel as if I was able to get relief, the dr. suggested I be admitted. It wasn't on my agenda. It took a great deal of courage, but I did it. I had a 5 day break from the stresses of home. I got started on new meds. I saw a therapist & attended group therapy daily. Though my meds didn't have time to take effect, I was able to go home w/a different perspective. It took me about 6 weeks to get turned around, but it was worth it. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 6:58pm
Hello & welcome:) I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much anxiety & nervousness): Many can relate to you in this community. You are NOT alone. Of course you won't die from the anxiety, but when I was having non-stop panic attacks, I wished that I would die. Just to get it over with. That's not a good way to feel & it certainly isn't healthy. It took about 3 tries to get my meds to the correct dosage. I understand the side effects. However, was there anything the dr. could give you to help your stomach, but still keep you on the abilify? I'm not sure how long you took it, but many of the gastrointestinal side effects last 7 to 10 days. Then our bodies get adjusted.
You seem to be doing the right things. If you're suffering from grief & as you probably know, grief can be the result of any loss in our lives. Not just a death, so I do understand what you're saying. Losses & major life changes are inevitable in life. Unfortunately, they throw us w/anxiety for a loop): Have you considered attending a group that deals w/loss & grief? I was helped a lot in a group after the passing of my sister & my marriage fell apart.
Also, have you considered alternatives to get you through this rough patch? Others have recommended massage, chiropracty, meditation, yoga, hypnosis, acupuncture, tai chi, etc. If I don't have adequate sleep or plenty of exercise, my anxiety increases. Also, studies have found that ppl w/anxious natures are on the dehydrated side. Adding fluids is a good idea. Also, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, illegal drugs, some cold preparations have been known to increase anxiety. Many ppl eliminate these things one by one until they find the culprit. Also, since you have GI problems, it might help to eliminate foods that cause discomfort. When I panic, my chest gets tight & I have pain & shortness of breath. This is always made so much worse when I eat spicy food & get reflux.
You will find many self-help ideas in our *coping tips & tricks* folder below. I use imagery, repeating positive affirmations & belly breathing to control the anxiety & panic.
I do hope that you find the right relief soon. Keep in touch. We care. GL & GBU! (((hugs))) jan

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 8:03pm

Thanks for your concern. I feel so bad for what you are going through. I find it hard to even type this I am so nervous and stressed. There seems to be nothing that helps. BUt the klonopin a little and ILl probably not be able to get it anymore.

Just went to the mental prescriber and she was not a lot of help. Had to beg for paxil as it was what helped me a year ago. untill I had to stop it due to no insurance at the time. She seems more concerened over my weight than she does over anything else. The medications she keeps trying are nothing compared to what is usually recommended. Geodon for bipolar but I dont think it is working. BUt nothing mainly for anxiety panic till now. The neurontin did nothing for me.

I cant sit still long enough to even listen to a cd or tv show . I move constantly no patience for anything.
Im praying the paxil helps like it used to cause I am at my wits end. I worry about everything and am miserable.

I have a lot on my plate right now. I ahve a hearing for ss disability in oct but had to move in with my dauhgter for the time being and am so afraid I will be denied and there is no way I could work.

I would be interested in the cds I could maybe check them out but I dont have much money. But thank you.

I wish you well and will say a little prayer that you feel better. I know how bad it can be. Thank you for your kindness.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-23-2010 - 8:10pm

Thank you I have thought about it but am afraid and would rather try and make it work from here. But wwe will see how it goes. I have been close a few times.

Thank you for your support.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 1:54am

Love the belly breathing thing, I've learned to do that thru all my meditation CDs, it really does help you relax.

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-24-2010 - 2:14am

The CDs that have helped me fall asleep best are Deep Sleep Every Night