I'm not sure about this....

iVillage Member
I'm not sure about this....
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 7:45am
Is anyone else uncomfortable with this new format? It doesn't seem as friendly as it used to be - NOT THE PEOPLE, of course! - just the format...

Then again, I'm a creature of habit so I guess it'll take some getting used to. Just wanted to add my two cents....

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

~CAS

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 9:07am
I like the folder feature! Also the ability to save certain boards.

*~*~* Amy *~*~*

~~~Save a Tree, Save our Planet, Recycle, Think Organic

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 11:53am
I'm with you. I'm not sure about this new foramt either. It's rather confusing!! I am too a creature of habbit and this is so wierd to me. Oh well... I guess it will take time getting used to!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 5:06pm
I absolutely HATE this new format! It is too confusing and I believe it will actually drive people away. Before the boards were so easy to navigate, and we had posters of all ages, now I believe this will intimidate members. Posts will get lost, people can be "ignored", which in itself is belittling enough. As well as you can see how "popular a post is which may lead to hurt feelings IF members don't get responded to or if they are neglected.

Besides I truly hate how many "commercials " for stuff on sale iVillage is now throwing at us! Before the adverts were small and inconspicuous. Now they overwhelm posters. I absolutely hate it. Why did they have to fix what wasn't broken?

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-26-2003 - 10:18am
If the past 24 hrs are any indication I think you're right...it seems confusing and intimidating to many and I don't see near the amount of posters as before. A new board always filled up fast. I agree with you that some people are going to be and feel ignored...we don't need a popularity contest on this type of board.

The saying "If it ain't broke" seems to apply here. I like being able to see the replies underneath. I wonder if they did much research on easy to navigate boards? There are lots out there. Or was the bottom line to get more advertising into it.

Time will tell but I'm afraid this was a poor move and many people are going to find other places for support. If they had actually improved the boards that would be different.

Just my honest opinion.

Lori