Had my MRI and now AF is here...

iVillage Member
Had my MRI and now AF is here...
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 10:52am
Hi ladies. Yesterday was my MRI to try to figure out what this fluid-filled growth is in the back of my uterus. Being in the tube wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but my experience with the technician wasn't so rosy. At the end they had to put dye in for some pictures. I tried to tell her that no one ever has any luck with my left arm, but she insisted that she was professional and good at her job. I tried to tell her that I was positive that she was but that I'd be more comfortable if she used my right arm. I hate needles, get all panicky, and can't watch. Guess what? She tried twice on the left with no luck! Once she even got in and tested it with saline solution. OUCH!!!!! That hurt like you wouldn't believe. UGH! Why don't medical people listen to their patients more often?

Of course, the right arm worked without any difficulties. But she was all embarassed and defensive by that happening. So she wasn't as gentle as she'd been before!

Well, AF came today on CD31. Not bad, but I still don't think that I actually Oed this month. I guess it doesn't really matter since we decided to put TTC on hold to treat my VVS. Of course, that's just the attitude that the insurance companies take that ticks me off so badly!...If you are not TTC, what does it matter that you don't O? So, we won't pay for you to O like you should be because the only reason to O is to get PG, right?! Not a good perspective at all!!!! We all have a right to O, even if we aren't TTc, right ladies?

Anyhow, I'm hoping that the back pain and cramps aren't as bad as last time. Sunday I ate too much food and now I understand why. And yesterday, I ate like crap, giving into McDonald's. I guess I need to work on my eating habits when it comes to PMS and AF, huh? LOL!!

Thanks for listening ladies!

--kathy

Image hosting by Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:12pm
I am sorry for the experience you had with that idiot giving you the shots....I don't understand why people don't listen to us more...we have really becoem experts with our own bodies...

When do you get the results of the MRI? I hope it is soon and that it will discover something useful!!!

Good luck with O'ing!!! Argh!!!

Take care and lots of hugs to you!

Sharon

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:28pm
Sounds like an ordeal yesterday! Were you able to see your uterus on the MRI results? Sometimes they show you. Any news about what's in there?

Do you chart? I chart so I know when I O and when AF is coming. Just an idea.

I hate insurance companies too!

Let us know when you hear the results.

-SAri

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:44pm
I'm glad the MRI went well, but sorry about the shots you got. As if you don't know your own body. Geez. Don't worry about the food you ate and just focus on taking care of yourself. That's the important thing right now.

Hugs,

Kathi

Lilypie Baby Ticker

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 12:47pm
Hi. I get the results at the end of the week, after my doctor has had a chance to look them over. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see any of the pictures myself. They were going to be developed later in the afternoon?

I've tried the charting of the temps and I've just never been successful. My brain just can't seem to function enough to pick up the thermometer and stick it in my mouth when the alarm goes off. I spend a good part of my morning beating up the clock! LOL But I should definitely try to temp again.

Thanks!

--kathy

Image hosting by Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-25-2003 - 1:22pm
Every once in a while I gotta have a Big Mac! LOL

Sorry that nurse was such a jerk! They really should listen to their patients more! Hopefully, the next time someone tells that nurse which arm to use she will listen. Sorry you had to be a learning experience though.

You are right, you should be able to O even if you are not ttcing. Insurance companies are idiots. If you are Oing that is a sign of health. You would think they would want us all healthy so later one we don't become expensive! ARGH!

I will be looking for your post about what they found out with the MRI.

Laura

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting